Chapter 11

Chapter 11 » always look on the bright side

"Do you know him?" Theo asked Scott and I once he had taken the sheet off the Chimera's body.

"His names Josh. He's a junior" Scott said.

Stiles pulled the sheet back over Josh's body.

"Which one did it?" Scott asked. "The one with the cane?"

Stiles looked over at Theo.

"Yeah" he answered.

I glanced between the two of them. Something was off. It felt they were hiding something.

"What do we do with him?" I questioned.

"We can't just set the alarm and leave, that's how Tracy disappeared" Stiles pointed out. "Someone gotta stay here with him"

"I'll do it" Theo offered. "It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned"

Scott's phone buzzed and he frowned as he read the text.

"What is it?" Stiles asked.

"Another one" he looked up at us. "Another chimera"

I sighed. "Jesus Christ another one?"

~

"Hayden? It's Scott. I know that you're scared but we just- we wanna help" He turned back to face us when there was no reply. "I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out. What happened?"

"She was okay when we got here.
I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in" Liam said.

"Why?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know"

"She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott asked.

"She said she heard a voice saying, 'your condition improves'" Liam said.

"Okay, that's unsettling" Stiles said, pushing past and knocking on the door. "Hayden. This is Stiles. Your sister works for my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us"

He stepped back from the door and I reached over and knocked.

"Hey, Hayden. Look you gotta come out sometime. Seriously, I really don't wanna have to kick this door in. But if I have to, I will. And I just got these super cute new heels and I swear to god I will rip your throat out if I have to break this door open and they get ruined. So it's probably best you open the door"

I stepped back and the boys stared at me with a 'wtf' look.

"What?" I shrugged. "Sometimes it's better to make threats. Scare her into opening the door"

Scott sighed and headed to the door again. "We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden. And that kind of thing usually is better face-to-face. Listen, either you're gonna unlock the door or I'm gonna have to break it open. It's okay if you don't want to talk or if you're not ready to believe us. But I just- I gotta know that you're okay in there"

The creaked open to reveal a terrified looking Hayden. Her eyes were glowing and her teeth were showing.

"I believe you"

~

"Is it me or is Liam not aware of the second part of the plan?" Lydia asked Scott and I in a hushed voice.

"We don't even know if the first part of the plan is going to work." I pointed out. "Honestly, this almost comes close to the worst plan we have ever come up with"