Epilogue

Shay Hale was a name that always evoked some kind of emotion within people. Whether it was fear, admiration or whether it was love. She meant a lot to everyone.

Kira Yukimura lost her friend. Somebody who understood her and accepted her. The one person she felt that she could really talk to when things were tough. She lost the person she admired.

Malia lost possibly the only family member she cared for. She felt cheated out of time and angry at the world for letting her lose the first person she ever trusted.

Stiles Stilinski lost the girl who, at one point, made him rethink his love for Lydia Martin. All he ever wanted was for the fearless girl he loved to be happy, even if that meant sacrificing his own happiness. Because in the end, she was his best friend and he cared about her.

Lydia Martin lost her protector, her sister, her everything. The one person who stayed up with her on the sleepless nights, the one person she could confide in, the one person who always believed in her. Always.

Liam Dunbar lost possibly the most stable female figure in his life. He lost the person who understood him the most. He lost the person who taught him control, selflessness and endurance. And he was really starting to miss their little talks.

Scott McCall lost his best friend, somebody he truly loved, be it only platonically. He lost the girl whose walls were built up so high at first that she wouldn't let anybody in. He lost the girl who transformed into somebody fearless. He lost the girl who once only cared about certain people, but eventually grew into somebody who would sacrifice herself for the greater good. He lost his soulmate.

Isaac Lahey lost the person he loved more than anything in the entire world. He lost the fearless girl with the dark brown eyes who had a heart big enough to forgive. He lost his anchor, the one person who could bring him back when he became what he hated. He lost somebody he once chose to let go, but now he never would. He would never let Shay Hale go.

The whole group of them stepped away from her memorial, which was decorated beautifully with flowers, feeling the same tug of emotions in their hearts.

"She wanted to graduate," Scott McCall said, taking a deep breath to stop his wavering voice. "All she ever wanted to do was make Derek proud."

"And she did," A deep but hurt voice sounded from behind them. Derek Hale stepped out from behind a tree, looking like he'd never left Beacon Hills behind.

It was true, she made Derek prouder than ever. He loved his sister more than anything, no matter what she did. Leaving her behind was single handedly the hardest thing he ever had to do, but he knew one day he'd be back. He just expected her to still be there when he returned.

Yet, even though Shay wasn't there, her memory still was. Her legacy lived on. Nobody was ever going to forget her. Even Peter Hale visited her memorial sometimes, remembering possibly the strongest person he'd ever met. But losing her still made everybody hurt.

What they had to remember though, was that life damages everyone. You just have to learn to let the pain in. You have to suffer in order to grow. But with the right people around, you can mend each other. With the right support, you have your lifelines; your light at the end of the tunnel.