Chapter 17

Chapter 17 » it runs in the family

"We're almost there!" I yelled out, wincing at the amount of strength I was using. How Scott managed to do this on his own, I do not know.
I started to feel my right arm moving through the barrier and I grabbed Scott's hand tighter. We'd almost made it. A plan was actually working, for once. Soon, the right side of my body was through. I gripped Scott's hand and started to pull him with me until I harshly collided with the floor.

I rolled over, groaning in pain and annoyance. But when I sat up, I realised Scott wasn't beside me.

He'd let go of my hand.

"Scott!" I ran towards him but I was flung backwards.

Stupid.

I got up again and placed my hand against the barrier. Scott placed his hand up too. "I can get you through." I said, desperately trying to come up with a solution. "Okay, and if that doesn't work, I'll come up with a plan B. And if that fails, a plan C. And if that fails, a plan D. You know how the alphabet works. The point is that I'm gonna get you out, okay?" He shook his head and I frowned. "Scott-"

"Go. And don't get caught by Theo.

I stared at him in disbelief. "I can't just leave you."

"Shay," his usually soft brown eyes were stern. "Go."

I felt a tears burning in my eyes and blinked them away quickly, stepping backwards. "I hate you."

"I know."

"I'll be back," I assured. "I'll go and get help, I promise."

"Okay," he nodded, his voice quiet and broken. "Okay."

"I promise." I removed my hand from the barrier and ran outside, hoping Theo wasn't around. I paused, scanning the area and checking for a scent, but there was no sign of him. I headed to my car and immediately picked up my phone - seeing that I had numerous texts.

From Malia:

I really need your help, ring me!

From Lahey:

Where are you?

Are you okay?

Hello?

I'm worried, just let me know you're okay.

From: Bilinski

Where are you?

Shay?

You ok?

From baby dumbar:

Hayden's getting worse!

Where are you?

Shay, I need your help!

She's dying!!!!

Why aren't you answering?

Shay!

Call me!

I decided to ring Isaac, since he was with Liam, Melissa and possibly Mason too.

"Shay," he let out a breath of relief. "Thank god! Where are you?"

"It's a long story I'm fine but Theo. Theo, he trapped us in the library. I managed to get out but Scott-" I cut off. "Look, is Liam there? I need to speak to Liam?"