Chapter 19

Chapter 19 » collisions

"Is this some kind of sciles redemption trip or can I come along as well?"

"I need you to stay back here," Scott said, with a slight sigh, as he lifted his bag into the back of Stiles' jeep.

I huffed, stepping in front of the passenger door so that he couldn't get in. I crossed my arms over my chest. "But that's so boring."

"Please just hold the fort here," he said exasperatedly. "It's just for one day."

"What am I even supposed to do?" I asked. Scott was the one everybody turned to, he was our leader, our alpha. I wasn't. I could barely cope with my own life, let alone other people's.
I turned my head slightly, aware of Isaac now stepping out of the house to see what all the commotion was about.

"I don't know, try not to die?" He said, with an amused smirk. "That was a joke."

"You're hilarious."

"Can you just keep an eye on mom, Liam and the others?" he instructed as I reluctantly moved away from the door. "And focus on school," he lowered his voice. "I know how important this year is to you."

I let out a long sigh. "Are you sure you don't want me to come with you? I mean the danger and all-"

He shook his head with a small smile, pulling open the door. "We'll be fine."

"I would say take Isaac with you but I doubt he'd be much help," I said with a grin, earning a glare from Isaac, who stood next to me. "Kidding," I rolled my eyes. "Just be careful okay? And bring back Kira for reals, I miss her."

"We will. See you soon, yeah?"

I nodded, hugging him briefly before stepping aside and waving to Stiles, who gave me a brief nod. We still weren't on the best of terms. I was hoping that if him and Scott made up, we might have a chance too.

Isaac and I moved to the side and watched as Stiles started the jeep. He pulled out of the drive and we waited until they were out of sight before sharing a sigh. I was hoping and praying that nothing would go wrong on their trip. I wanted them both to come back safely and with Kira. We couldn't lose anymore people. I was also hoping that nothing would go horribly wrong today either, now that Scott had literally left me in charge of everyone. "What now?" Isaac asked after a while, turning to face me.

"Well, I don't know about you but I'm going to school," I said, repositioning my school bag strap on my shoulder. "See ya."

"Wait what," he said, staring at me dumbfoundedly. "You used to hate school."

"Some of us want to graduate," I replied, rolling my eyes as I started to head down the drive. "Laters, Lahey."

~

"Attention all students. Mr. O'Quinn's classes are canceled for today. If anyone knows his whereabouts, please let the office know immediately."

"Ah missing teachers," I heard Isaac state, causing me to pause and look up into the air with a sigh. "Bring back any memories?"

I whipped around, glaring at Isaac. "That was uncalled for." Shaking my head, I walked further down the corridor. I was aware of Isaac still following me and I paused again, rolling my eyes. "Do you want something?"

"I have no friends."

I scoffed. "Boo hoo, Isaac." I heard him start saying something but I wasn't listening. Liam and Mason were stood eyeing Theo, who was by the lockers, and appeared to be flirting with Hayden. This wasn't good. "Oh, shit."