Chapter 22

Chapter 22 » flames

"Considering there's been a sciles redemption, don't you think there should be a shiles one?"

Stiles Stilinski frowned, watching me from where he was lay on his bed. "Shiles? Did you just give us a ship name?"

I leaned against the doorframe, an amused grin on my face. "Maybe." Stiles sighed, placing his phone down on the bed before sitting up. "Look, can we talk?"

"Sure, whatever."

I stepped inside his room, sitting down on the end of the bed. He looked at me expectantly, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry," I started, letting out a long sigh. I hated apologising first. "I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me."

He shook his head, looking down and playing with his fingers. "It's not your fault." He glanced around the room briefly, taking a deep breath, obviously having the same problem with apologies as me. "I'm sorry I was horrible to you and Scott. You're my best friend, you both are. Can we maybe put it behind us?"

He looked up with a hopeful gleam in his eyes and I nodded. "Yeah. Come here." I leaned forwards, pulling him into a hug. "The last few weeks have sucked knowing you hate me."

"I never hated you," he said and I raised my eyebrows. "Only slightly. Once."

I shook my head, laughing at his honesty. It felt so good to finally air the bad tension away and get back to normal. I'd done a lot of thinking since the night we got Lydia out of Eichen. There were a few feelings that I had to accept to get past some barriers I'd built up. I needed some normality back in my life.

"So, how's Isaac? As much of a pain as usual?"

I chuckled lightly, glancing at Stiles again. "You still hate him?"

"I never liked him," he relied bluntly. "Even more so after what he did to you." 

"I think he's changed," I shrugged.

"You still like him?"

I bit my lip, looking away from Stiles' gaze. "I don't know," I answered, shaking the thought from my mind. Did I still like Isaac? "Anyway, it doesn't matter. What's important is tomorrow's game."

"Yeah, as long as we pull it off," Stiles said with a sigh.

"We will," I assured. "It's one of your better plans so that should inspire some confidence." I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket and grabbed it, glancing down at Scott's contact name and groaning when I realised I was supposed to meet him.

"Is that Scott?" He asked, eyes wandering to the phone in my hand.

"Yeah, I said I'd meet him. Sorry bud, I'm gonna have to go."

Stiles shrugged, his face falling a little. "It's fine, I'll see you later, right?"

"Yeah," I said, placing my phone back in my jeans pocket. "See you soon. Stay safe."

I headed out of the Stilinski household and into the woods where I told Scott I'd meet him. Why he chose to meet so deep into the woods I had no idea. As I hopped over a couple of logs, I felt my phone ringing again. I was just about to answer to say I was on my way when I saw him stood by the bridge. He must have heard me because he slowly turned around and smiled.

Laughing at the cheesy grin on his face, I jumped down from the higher bit of ground I was stood on and headed over to him, patting my hand on his shoulder. "Sorry I'm late."

"It's alright," he said, resting his hands over the sides of the bridge. "Sorry I made you meet me here on such short notice."

"It's okay," I said, copying his action by laying my hands out in front of me. "What's up anyway?"