Chapter 15

Chapter 15 » pretty little liar

The school corridor was crowded with hundreds of students moving towards their next class. The bell sounded overhead, ringing loudly in my ears and making me wince.
Soon enough, the halls started to clear and the only person I could see was Malia. She had a despondent look on her face and I couldn't help but worry.

"Malia?" I slowed down, standing in front of her. "Malia, what's wrong?"

"I can't do it anymore."

"Do what? What's wrong?"

"Watch people die."

"What happened?" I frowned. This had been coming for a long time. Sometimes, it just gets too much for people to handle. I've snapped before, Scott's snapped before, Isaac, Stiles, Lydia. We've all been through it. We've all had the ache in our chests. It's a horrible feeling; one of the worst.

"There's another body."

She shook her head and walked off again, leaving me dumbfounded. Another body? Another one!

I watched as Malia left, debating whether or not I should go after her. But I remembered that she spent most of her life as a Coyote in the woods - that meant dealing with things on her own. She just needed some time.

I started to turn in the other direction and spotted Stiles, who's eyes widened when he saw me. The two of us rushed over to each other, pausing to state at the exact same time, "there's another body."

"Okay, you already know."

"What do we do?" I asked.

He narrowed his brown eyes at me, lowering his voice. "Are you seriously asking me that question?"

"I mean, what do we do about the fact that said body is probably going to be taken?"

Stiles merely bit his lip. "Oh."

"You know, for a smart person, you can be really stupid sometimes."

"Was that a compliment or-"

I rolled my eyes. "Lydia's with Parrish, right?" I prompted.

His eyes widened and I could practically see the lightbulb going off in his head. "Oh!" He exclaimed. "Okay I'll warn Lydia, you find the others."

Before I could even utter a reply, he'd started to head towards the stairs. "That-that sounds like a much more difficult job then yours!" I shouted after him, huffing in annoyance.
I felt into my pocket and unlocked my phone. I had a message from Scott, saying that he had gone to the hospital with Theo to find Corey. Despite the fact I was mildly worried that Scott was alone with Theo, I decided to give Malia a quick call instead to see if she was okay. But she didn't pick up. So then I called Liam - who also didn't pick up. I swiped my thumb up and down the screen, hovering over the only other person's contact.

The only other person left to call.

"Oh, for the love of god Lahey answer your damn phone." I muttered after the 8th ring, slightly out of breath from running down the stairs.

As if by magic, I heard his voice. "Shay?"

He actually answered. "Oh, hey. Look there's something going on. Can I meet you?"

"Yeah, sure. I'm still at Scott's. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'll be there in five."

~