Chapter 12

Chapter 12 » I could have totally tapped that

"Hurry" I whispered to Scott.

"We'll keep watch" Lydia said.

I leant against the wall, a grin playing at my lips. "Liam and Hayden are cute"

"Mini Scott and Allison"

I smiled. "That's what I told Scott"

Lydia laughed. "I remember the first time Allison asked me who he was. I had no clue. But then we all got to know each other and I watched them fall in love. They were so good together"

I nodded in agreement, remembering the way they were when I became friends with them. "I thought they were going to last forever"

"Me too. I guess things don't always work out the way you plan"

"I guess not"

The two of us stood in comfortable silence.

I was thinking about Isaac and I not working out. Which led me to remembering catching that scent at the memorial place. And the flowers.

"A couple of days ago, did you put flowers on Allison's grave?"

"No. I haven't been for ages. Why?"

"I went to visit and there were fresh flowers. Usually, someone mentions when they've been so we don't overload it with flowers but nobody said anything"

"Weird"

"I know. You know what else was weird? When I was there, it felt like someone was watching me. I stood up and they noticed me and turned away but I caught a scent"

"Who was it?"

"Isaac"

"Isaac? No way. If he was back he would have come seen us by now"

"I know. Maybe it was just someone wearing the same cologne or something. It was just weird, you know. The fact that someone was watching. Kinda put me off going"

"I always feel weird when I go" Lydia admitted. "It just doesn't seem right, you know. It's been over a year and everything still seems wrong. Like it shouldn't have happened"

I shook my head. "It shouldn't have happened"

"It feels good to talk about her" Lydia spoke up after a couple of moments of silence.

"It does. I had this conversation with Scott earlier. I just think that everyone was so afraid to mention her that we didn't talk about her enough. It's okay to want to talk. We all have memories of her"

Lydia giggled. "Remember that time the three of us went shopping"

"That was horrific. I think we both wanted to murder you by the end of the day"

"Come on I didn't take you into that many shops" she defended.

"You so did. You made us watch as you tried on the most revealing clothes ever" I laughed. "And then you were all like 'do you think Jackson will like this?'" 

"I can't believe I dated him"

"Me neither. You were far too good for him" I commented.

"You were too good for Isaac"

I shrugged. "I guess we both suck at finding decent guys"

"That's why I am totally over high school boys"

"Is deputies the new thing now?" I teased.

"Woah what?"

"You and Parrish" I nudged her. "It's cute. I mean at first I found it a little weird because of the age difference. But he takes care of you, I like that"