Odd One Out

A few weeks later, Pristine was at work early, my brother was still in bed, and Guiliana was wailing.
The wailing woke me up at 5:30.
Which did not make me happy.
I got her something to eat, put her back to bed, and tried going back to bed.
That didn't happen.
I was walking to school, grumbling, by 6:30.
Luckily, the door to the school was open, so I just sat in a hallway for awhile.
I dug out my advanced math book from my backpack and started working on my assignment that was due that day.
"Okay, so b2^2/ b1^2 + b2^2 > b2/b1+b2 should be the answer," I muttered, my pencil furiously scribbling across the page.
"Holy shit, you're actually smart," I heard from behind me.
I spun around and saw Malcolm standing by a locker, stunned.
"You better not say shit, Malcolm! As far as you know, I was born stupid and can't do shit, understood?" I threatened.
He dumped his bag on the floor and sat next to me.
"But why, Jayde? You're smart. I hate it, too, but I still use it. Why don't you?" He asked, looking at me.
"Because I'll be more of a freak than I already am, Mal! I'm already from the shittiest families in the freaking neighborhood, and now I'm one of the smartest kids in the neighborhood. I just want to be normal; is that too much to ask?" I cried, trying not to start crying.
"Hey, hey, hey, come here," Malcolm said gently, pulling me into his side.
I started crying silently and buried my face in his shirt.
Both of us knew his shirt was soaked with tears and snot, and neither of us cared.
It was the first time I've cried since I was a toddler, and I wasn't used to the feeling.
And even though we had hated each other just a few weeks before, he was there for me when I needed someone there for me most. 

Hey, guys! Thank you SO much for reading and voting! I love knowing that you're enjoying this story so far. So, what do you want to happen in this story? Any suggestions that you guys have would be SO helpful. Thank you!!! ~Rebby~