Always Remember

We made it through Operation Surprise Bunny, Operation Survive Lois After She Finds Operation Surprise Bunny, and Operation Struggle To See Boyfriend After Operation Survive Lois After She Finds Operation Surprise Bunny.
Now, all I had to do was survive my birthday without Malcolm finding out.
I know, I know, the whole "But he's your boyfriend and he loves you and he'll get you nice presents" thing.
The thing was, I hated my birthday. My parents were always drunk and/or high, my brother was usually gone, and all I heard from inside my locked room was screaming and glass breaking.
Ever since Ryan adopted me, we never celebrated my birthday. Not because he didn't bother, because he knew I hated that day so much.
My birthday was already on my least favorite day of the year, December 30th. The friggin' day before New Year's Eve and also, right after Christmas. Since I had the best boyfriend ever, he decided to walk me from my house to his since it looked like it was 10:30 at night outside.
"So, do you wanna come over tonight?" Malcolm asked, swinging my hand back and forth.
"I really shouldn't. I think Guili and Ryan get home soon," I lied.
What? I just wanted to go home.
"Aw, c'mon, babe, pleaseeeeeeeee," He asked, making a puppy face.
"No. Stop the eyes. Stop it, Mal. I'm serious, Malcolm! Dammit, Mal, fine!" I said, crossing my arms.
"I've got the power," Mal said, kissing my cheek.
"Oh, by the way, RACE YOU!" I yelled, taking off down the street.
"Oh, come on, Jayde!" He yelled after me.
Once we reached his house, we looked for Lois' car.
Once we were absolutely sure she wasn't home, we dashed into the house, I gave Dewey a hug, flipped off Reese, and then rushed into his room. "Oh..... my..... god," I said, flopping down on Mal's bed.
"Hey, Jaded."
I sat up and saw Malcolm with a little jewelry box in his hand.
"Oh, shit," I muttered.
"You really thought you would be able to hide your birthday from me? It's called "Ask Guiliana", baby," He said, smiling.
"Here, please open it," He said, putting it in my hand.
"Okay," I said, flipping the top open. I pulled out a necklace with a little charm and a locket.
I opened the locket and saw a picture of me and Mal kissing from when Ryan bought a camera a couple of weeks ago.
"Oh, Malcolm," I said, holding back tears.
"Look at the charm," Mal said, grinning. I looked at the charm and almost burst into tears.
'Always' was engraved into the little gold charm.
"Now, I know most relationships don't last forever, but I want ours to. Even if it fails at some point, just remember that I'll always be here for you, Jayde Masters," Malcolm said, looking at me. I put the necklace on and kissed him longer than I think I ever had before. "I'll always remember, Malcolm Wilkerson."