Operation Surprise Bunny

"Dewey, come on!" I said, walking down the street towards the Winterfest area.
Malcolm and I were holding hands, with Dewey walking next to me and Malcolm holding Guiliana.
"But I'm tired!" He said, about three feet behind us.
"Dewey!" Malcolm said, glaring at his youngest brother.
"Fine, but when my piano career suffers, it's not my fault!" Dewey said, running back to my side.
"What the hell is he talking about?" I asked.
"Don't ask," Malcolm said, shaking his head.
"Ohhhh. Dewey, I think your piano career will be fine. C'mon, hurry up. I still have to get Guili home and work on repairing the flooring at our house," I groaned.
"I can walk home!" She volunteered. I laughed.
"Maybe when you're twelve, Guili," I said, kissing her head.
"Aw," She mumbled, burying her face in Malcolm's shoulder.
"Hey, cheer up, Guili. Look where we are," I said, smiling.
Both Guili and Dewey gasped. "WINTERFEST!" They both squealed. Guiliana squirmed her way out of Malcolm's arms and ran off with Dewey.
"Dewey, if you lose my niece, you're dead!" I called.
"We'll find them in a bit; hopefully they won't be dead or maimed somehow. C'mon, Jayde, let's go find a random leftover Christmas tree!" Malcolm said, dragging me off to the main part of the festival.
"So much concern, wow," I muttered, trying to hide a smile.
We walked through the entire patch of leftover trees until Malcolm called me.
"Jaded, look at this one!" He said. I walked through the trees to get to him.
"Which one, babe?" I asked, standing next to him.
He pointed to a pretty bare, broken one and looked at me.
"Why in the hell are we getting a tree after Christmas that looks like a reject of a lumberjack trainee?" I asked. "Because it reminds me of us," He replied.
I raised my eyebrow.
"So, you know how the kids in school think we ain't exactly normal, right?" Oh yes.
I knew.
"Well, neither is the tree. But the kids don't know how awesome we really are, 'cause they don't see the non-school side of us. Look at the other side of the tree," He said, walking to the other side of the tree. The other side as full of branches covered in ornaments, not broken in the slightest.
I looked at Malcolm and grinned.
"God, you're the best, you weirdo," I said, kissing him.
I felt his lips turn up into a smile which made me smile at the same time.
"Okay, let's get it. You buy it, I'll track down Dewey and Guili?" I asked. "Sounds good," Malcolm said, walking off to find someone to get the tree.
I wandered around the place, looking for them.
I finally found them.
Holding a cage.
With a bunny.
"What is that?!" I cried, running up to them.
"This lady had one more bunny to sell and she gave it to us for five dollars!" Dewey said, gripping the cage and Guili's hand tightly.
Well, at least he didn't lose her.
I smacked my face with my hand. "Okay, we'll figure this out later. Go pick out two LITTLE trees in like a lot thing and meet Mal over by the register thing in five minutes," I said, shooing them over to the patch.
I panicked over the bunny for a few minutes and then went to go find them.
I found them, all right.
Well, actually I heard them.
"What is that?!" I heard Malcolm yell. "Uh-oh."
I ran over to them and took over the role as oldest child, even though technically, Malcolm was.
But you saw how well he was handling Operation Surprise Bunny. "Okay, Dewey, Guili, give me your trees. Malcolm, breathe. No, stop hyperventilating! Breathe normally! Okay, now Dewey, take the bunny's cage. Now, STAY HERE!"
I gave the cashier the trees and tried to ignore his amused face.
Even though I could understand. The fifteen year old boy hyperventilating over a bunny behind me, a five year old and a nine year old looking completely oblivious (and holding a bunny), and a fourteen year old with hot pink hair trying to handle the situation.
If I were him, I'd be amused too.
I finished paying for the trees and grabbed Malcolm (who was still hyperventilating), Dewey, and Guili. "Okay, now let's go home before someone calls a mental institution," I muttered, starting the walk back to Malcolm's house.