love is a terrible thing

~the outfit up top is what Jayde's wearing in this chapter :)~

The week after Reese and I went shopping was finals week, and wow, the weekend before it was a whole nightmare.  I didn't have Malcolm to study with anymore, all Reese and I did was stare at our books for five seconds and then turn on cartoons for eight hours, and thanks to Dewey, I would ace every single music theory class I had through graduate school.
Which would've been great if I took music theory. 
It was a sad case.
"Jaded!" I heard from outside my door Monday morning. I shoved Julianna's food into her hands and ran to the door.
"Oh, thank god, Reese, I need every amount of energy you have," I said, rushing into my room to grab my backpack. I ran back into the kitchen to see Reese staring at me with his mouth agape.
"Reese? You good?" I asked, waving my hand in front of his face.
"If Malcolm doesn't realize what a horrible, horrible mistake he made from the changes we made, he can go bite a nerd. Holy shit, Jayde, you look incredible," He said, reaching for my hand and spinning me around.
"Shut up," I said, laughing as I kissed his cheek. 
"You ready?" He asked, throwing my backpack over his shoulder and tossing me his. 
"Why is your backpack so frickin' light? I have every textbook I own in mine, jesus," I said, tossing his bag in the air effortlessly. 
"It's because my confidence for those exams is in it," He said, winking and walking out the door. 
I laughed and kissed Julianna's forehead before running out the door.

We raced each other to the school and per usual, I beat him by a solid thirty seconds. 
"Dude, how do you keep beating me, holy shit," Reese said, breathing heavily as he jogged up to me in the parking lot.
I laughed and shrugged as I reached up to ruffle his hair. 
"Guess I'm just a tiny bit better than you, Wilkerson," I said, grinning. 
Reese grumbled as we walked into the school, and boy, we got a little surprise. 
"How could you do this to me, Malcolm?! I gave you everything! EVERYTHING! Ugh!" Nicki said, pushing Malcolm to the ground and shoving her way through the crowd of people that were forming in the hallway.
It was silent for a few very uncomfortable seconds until Stevie rolled up to Malcolm and looked around until his eyes landed on me.
"Jayde..... oh..... my god," He said, his eyes widening. 
Everyone turned around and stared at me. The guys' eyes almost popped out their heads and the girls looked like they were realizing I could actually be a threat to their positions on the Hotness Scale.
And then there was Malcolm, who was staring straight into my soul, and damn, was that bringing back memories.

---

"Hey," I said, looking at him.
He looked up and stared at me.
"Aren't you Jayde Masters? Like, cheated her way through 98% of middle school Jayde Masters?" He .
"The one and only," I replied.
"Okay, how the hell did you end up in this class?" He asked.
I glared at him.
"I cheated on a test, not knowing it was a test to see if we would end up in this shithole. Trust me, I don't wanna be here," I said, sitting next to him.
"So, you're so dumb, you didn't even realize the test might land you here? Damn, you're gonna crash and burn," The boy said.
I stared at him.
"Boy, you better shut yo' mouth. I don't look like much, but I could beat your ass in five seconds," I said, balling my hands into fists.
"Yeah, well, just don't talk to me. You're a normal kid, and I'm me. We won't get along," He said as the teacher walked in.
"Whatever, Bitchy," I muttered.   

----

"Hey, Mal," I said when we walked into the front parking lot.
"What?" He asked.
I shoved his shoulder and grinned.
"You're it!" I yelled, taking off running.
"What the hell?!" Malcolm yelled, running after me.
I ran into the school, through some of the hallways, and into the advanced classroom before he knocked me flat on my back and pinned my arms to the floor.
I stopped laughing and looked up at Malcolm.
He was panting, sweaty, and smiling. 
I felt.... stuff in my stomach as I looked at him. 

----

I felt him lean in and I felt his breath on my ear. 
"And I really like you, Jayde Alexis Masters. I hope you like me, too," He whispered before rolling over slowly and falling asleep.
Oh my god.
He likes me.

----

"Admit it. Just admit it, Mal," I said, looking at him.
He started blushing and looked down. "OKAY FINE, I LIKE YOU!" He cried, and hid his head in his hands.
"I knew you said it," I said, making him look at me again.
"Jaded, what are you-"
I slammed my lips onto his and I felt him let out a breath he must have been holding in for a while.
I smiled through the kiss as the feeling of two thousand butterflies fluttered in my stomach. 
When we finally broke apart, Malcolm leaned his head against mine and smiled. "I really like you, Jayde Masters." 
I kissed him again and threw my arms around him. "I really like you too, Malcolm Wilkerson."

----

I snapped out of my thoughts as I remembered our entire relationship. Looking at him, I could tell he was doing the exact same thing. I wiped a couple tears off my face and grabbed my backpack from Reese. I pushed my way through the crowd as I ran down the hall, crying silently. 

Love truly is a terrible thing.

~Hey guys! Sorry I've been so inactive; my life has been in a constant state of turmoil and drama every day for the past three months or so. I'm starting at a new school Monday, so I'm going to start updating again, but maybe only once or twice a week until I get my feet back under me. I love you guys, thank you for always voting and commenting on this story still :)) thank you!!!~