New Year's with the Brats pt. 2

"Yo, the punch is spiked!" Someone yelled.
Everyone except me and Malcolm dashed over to the drink table like bunnies into a field of carrots. I sat on my sleeping bag in front of the bleachers, telling my mind my soda was vodka.
"Hey, babe, half an hour until midnight," Malcolm said, sitting next to me.
"I can't wait to start my year with you," I said, smiling.
He grinned and kissed my cheek.
"Me too, Jayde," He said, putting an arm around my shoulder.
"Want some of my soda? I'm telling myself it's vodka," I said, handing it to him.
He laughed.
"Vodka soda sounds great right now," Malcolm said, drinking some and giving it back to me.
"Ooooooh, say hello to the lovebirds," Malcolm's friend Lloyd (who I was convinced had a crush on Malcolm) said, walking up to us.
"Oh, stuff a can in it, Lloyd," I said, leaning my head on Malcolm's shoulder.
For the last few minutes before midnight, Lloyd, Stevie, Malcolm and I sat together and talked about about our projects that we got a few months ago.
It was so hard to believe that without that damn project, Malcolm and I wouldn't be anything.
I glanced at Herkabe, wondering if he paired us for a reason.
Probably because he hates Malcolm and saw he hated me.
Sike, bitch.
I shrugged and went back to listening to the boys.
"Malcolm, what are you and Jayde working on?" Lloyd asked.
"It's a surprise," I said, winking at them.
"Oh...... come on....... Jayde!" Stevie said, glaring at me.
"It's a surprise, Kenarban. Trust me, you and I will be the ones who understand the topic most," I said, looking at him. He looked at me and realization dawned on him. "Race?" He mouthed.
I nodded and he grinned.
"That'll be........ a....... lot of fun," He said, smirking.
I smiled and turned my attention to the TV that was on in the corner.
"THE COUNTDOWN!" Dabney yelled.
Malcolm looked at me and I got lost in his bright blue eyes.
"10! 9! 8! 7! 6! 5! 4! 3! 2!" I vaguely heard the chaperones and the kids counting.
Well, Stevie was trying to keep up.
"10........ 7............ oh.......... 5.......... crap."
Malcolm stood up and pulled me close to him.
"1," He whispered and kissed me.
It's like everything else stopped.
All that mattered was us, and I was perfectly fine with that.
Once we broke apart, I noticed that it was dead silent in our group.
"Damn, did we put on that good of a show?" Malcolm mumbled and I giggled.
We turned to look at everybody and everyone's mouths were hanging open while everyone else in the gym was celebrating.
Meanwhile, Mr. Herkabe had this little glare in his eyes that made me struggle to hold back laughter.
"Oh dear god, they're focusing on something besides their studies!" Lloyd said.
That was enough to break the kids out of their trance and for them to start freaking out over us not "focusing all of our brain power on our education".
"Best New Year's ever," I said, kissing Malcolm again.

A/N: Okay, this is my new favorite chapter XD so happy holidays, guys! I hope whatever you're celebrating is awesome,I hope you have fun, and make lots of good memories!