Favorites

"Favorite TV show."
"Ed, Edd, N' Eddy."
"Favorite song."
"She Talk to Angels."
"Favorite band."
"Green Day."
"A different band besides Green Day."
"Why?!"
"'Cause you like them too much."
"Well, screw you. Uh, Sum 41."
Malcolm wrote down all my answers on our sheet.
It was some thing our school counselor gave every kid in the school over winter break to see "how well you know your friends!"
I thought it was straight up bullshit. They probably used it to see who's a total weird ass.
Probably put bets on the shit.
Anyway.
I was lying on Malcolm's bed, throwing a pencil up in the ceiling while Mal filled in the sheet.
"Best friend?" Malcolm asked.
I looked at him and smiled.
"Who do you think, stupid?" I said.
"Me?" He asked, looking at me.
"Well, yeah, Mal. I mean, you don't hate me, for starters. You don't judge me for my shitastic life, and truthfully, you make me happy. And I haven't been happy in a really long time. So, yeah. You're my best friend, Malcolm Wilkerson."
Malcolm got out of his chair and sat next to me on his bed.
"Back at you, Jaded," He said, kissing my forehead.
I blushed like mad and leaned my head on his shoulder.
"How 'bout we blow off the rest of this off until Sunday night and rush around finishing it?" Malcolm asked, looking down at me.
I smiled. "So, the usual? Sounds good," I said.
"You got extra clothes? It's like 11; you shouldn't walk home," He asked.
I looked at him. "Do I ever think ahead, Mal?"
He sighed. "I got your clothes from last week in the drawer," He replied.
"You're the best," I said, getting drowsy.
"Yeah, I know. Everyone loves me," He said, grinning.
I shook my head and laid down on his bed.
A few minutes later, Malcolm laid down next to me.
I felt him lean in and I felt his breath on my ear.
"And I really like you, Jayde Alexis Masters. I hope you like me, too," He whispered before rolling over slowly and falling asleep.
Oh my god.
He likes me.