Deal With The Devil

Derek's heart lifted knowing he could finally say he wanted something again. It'd been so long, so many excruciating moments since he'd felt anything besides anger. His entire family was dead and the bitch who murdered them was still breathing, perfectly fine in fact and Derek was left with no one. He was deceived and played until all he craved was love, for the disconnection he felt to go away. But then it got worse, she left, his family was gone and Derek never wanted anything again. That is until now- now he wanted something so bad it kept him awake at night, slowing his oxygen whenever he realized he couldn't have it. However, on a seemingly mundane afternoon, Derek's heart jumped with hope.

"Am I gonna kill someone?" Scott asked in a panic, fear strong enough for Derek to sense.

"Probably." he replied in a dank tone that confused the young beta even more. Derek sighed, "Look, I can show you how to control the shift even on a full moon." Scott's eyes softened and that was when Derek saw his opportunity, "But it's not gonna come for free."

He shook his head openly, "what do you want?"

Derek swallowed, about to watch a secret he'd kept to himself for weeks, turn into a request.

______________________________

"What?" Stiles exclaimed, staring at his best friend in confusion, "Derek will only teach you control if he can have me?"

Scott nodded nervously, "That's what he said."

Stiles held his arms out to his side, feet tapping on his carpeted bedroom floor, "did he happen to mention what he meant by that?"

Perturbed, Scott replied, "I knew what he meant."

Stiles coughed, eyes widened, "Oh." He wasn't disgusted, however, his interest in boys had been pointed out to him several months ago. The only thing that startled him was that Derek wasn't a boy, he was a full grown man. What interest did he have in Stiles?

"Now I don't know what to do." Scott said helplessly, "I guess I could go to Allison's dad and try to-"

Stiles scoffed, "Are you kidding? You're not gonna go to Allison's dad, okay? In case you haven't noticed he's a werewolf hunter and you just happen to be a werewolf!"

"I don't see another option." Scott argued, "If Derek won't help-"

"Then I'll have to convince him to." Stiles finished, his mind silently taking in that even though he didn't know the older wolf one bit, he was pretty hot.

"No way!" Scott refused, head shaking violently, "I'm not pimping out my best friend to some guy we don't even know!"

"Scott, he can teach you everything." Stiles began, standing up from the desk chair, "I'm not too thrilled about it either but I can't just sit around when I know I can help."

"Not like this." Scott stood as well, "I'll find another way."

"Really?" Stiles folded his arms, doubt outlining the increasing volume of his voice, "Because the only ones besides Derek who might know something wanna kill you."

"I'll figure it out." Scott said softly, "I promise, just give me some time."

Stiles rolled his eyes, "Fine."

The beta nodded, exiting his friends bedroom. Scott should've known, Stiles thought to himself, it was never that easy to change a Stilinski's mind.

______________________________

After arriving at the burnt up Hale house, Stiles sat in his jeep, tapping the steering wheel nervously. Scott was right, they didn't know Derek or what he was capable of. Who knows what his motives were and why they involved Stiles? Taken from Scott's tone, he assumed it was sex but it could be worse than that. He could have some kind of kinky predator fantasy and that was something Stiles definitely didn't want to be involved in. Now the teenager was getting ahead of himself so he grew a spine and exited the jeep.

Seeing a black Camaro parked in front of the house, Stiles knew Derek already noticed his arrival. There went the element of surprise, not that it would help him anyway. His anxious steps seemed to get louder, leaves crunching under his feet amongst the darkness. Anticipation of an unknown origin raged through Stiles' gut as he knocked on the smoldered wooden door.

Before long, it was opened and contrary to Stiles' prediction, Derek seemed surprised to see him, "What're you doing here?"

"Scott told me what you two talked about earlier." he stated more confident than he felt.

"Well then," Derek smirked, opening the door wider, "come in." Stiles swallowed, cautiously entering the singed home. When the door shut, Stiles could feel the silence that welcomed tension to arise. "So.."

"So what?" inquired the boy, slipping his hands into his jean pockets.

"So why're you here?" Derek clarified, folding his arms, "What do you wanna know?"

"I wanna know what you want from me." Stiles said, hoping the reasonable distance between them would remain.

"I'm pretty sure Scott told you that too." Derek leaned against the stairwell poster.

"So he was right?" Stiles breathed out, hoping the wolf wouldn't try something now, "You'll only teach Scott to control his shifting if you get something in return- from me that is."

Derek continued to eye the teenager heavily, "That's the offer."

Stiles sighed, pressing his lips together "Okay."

"Okay what?" Derek shrugged, wishing Stiles wanted him in the same way.

"It's a deal." Stiles swallowed, shifting his weight, "I think you know I'd do anything to make this werewolf thing easier on Scott so I'll do it."

Derek squinted, lifting himself off of the poster rail, "And what do you think it is?"

"Whatever you want it to be." replied Stiles, seeing the wolf bite his inner lip, "You can do anything you want with me but I only have one condition."

Derek repeated the agreement over and over in his mind then inquired, "What's your condition?"

Stiles closed his eyes, knowing who he'd be deceiving, "Scott can never know."

"Alright," Derek said, a smirk shaping his eager lips, "our secret then."

Stiles looked down, fear crumbling the falsely confident walls of his mind, "I should go." he uttered, "I'll come over tomorrow after school."

Derek analyzed his form, eyes traveling up and down, "It's a date."

______________________________