Tear-Stained

Stiles would've been smiling due to his anticipation but nervousness kept surpassing it. What if Derek hated him? What if he had already moved on and didn't think twice about the teenage boy? Even if one or all of those were true, Stiles was still going. He couldn't let go of what he wanted- not again.

When his jeep approached the Hale house, Stiles' heart sunk. There was no camaro in sight. Where had he gone? It's not like Derek went to social functions.

Deciding he'd repeat his strategy used on Scott, Stiles parked in the back of the house. That way when Derek came home he wouldn't see the jeep and immediately speed off again. Stiles had little confidence in his talent for element of surprise but figured that if Derek cared about him as much as he claimed, he'd at least hear him out.

Walking through the doorway, Stiles missed hearing the wolf's footsteps come to it. He could feel the vibrations against the soles of his shoes as if it was happening now. The boys eyes fell to the singed wooden floor, dreading the minutes and possible hours of being by himself until Derek arrived.

When entering the absent betas bedroom, Stiles let out a sigh of remembrance. It's not like he'd been with Derek for years but everything crammed into the past week felt like history. He already knew Derek better than anyone else, at least that's what the love gone beta claimed. But really, he was spilling the beans on everything so far, why lie now?

During the boys haze of thoughts, his caught eye on a slightly open drawer. It didn't look especially important but curiosity was Stiles' middle name. He stalked innocently over to the redwood desk, gradually pulling the drawer handle to open it further. That's when Stiles saw something he never thought he would; nothing. Disappointing really, Stiles sighed in debate if he should snoop. Of course he should. Glancing around the room as if Derek awaited to catch him red-handed, Stiles briefly pulled the top dresser drawer. Okay that's weird, Stiles thought, there was nothing in that one either. Damn, Derek must have not had many belongings. Of course, when your family is burnt alive you tend to lose track of some memories. Not abandoning his pursuit, Stiles slid opened another drawer. Nothing.

Oh no, Stiles' regrets taunted, what if Derek decided to leave? After all, the boy didn't give him much to stay for. Stiles frantically tore open every dresser he could find in search for a spec of evidence indicating that the wolf lived here. There was nothing whatsoever. None of the drawers in the entire room had clothes inside them, making Stiles himself feel empty. What had he done?

The teens hands raked through his hair, wondering how he could say such things to Derek. This was all his fault. Of course Stiles had no way of knowing the wolf would react like this but that didn't matter. Derek was gone and instead of giving up what he wanted, Stiles had it taken from him.

Water built up in the boy's eyes, shaky hands covering them, "I'm sorry." he whispered to himself in hopes that, one day, it would reach Derek's ears.

Stiles could no longer hold back, tears spilling from his swelling eyes. Blurred retinas analyzed the room, searching for anything that would serve as a reminder of him and Derek. Of course the biggest one sat right in front of him, Stiles' shoulders sinking as he stared at the bed. The boy sniffled, walking over to take a seat on the edge. The room suddenly went cold, breeze from an unknown origin hitching across his skin. It was too chilly to stay but Stiles couldn't imagine leaving, beginning to kick off his shoes. A short lived worry appeared in his mind of Scott and his father. If he stayed here, they'd have no idea where he was again. But as the boys head rested on a wood-scented pillow, he forgot about everyone else except Derek. Stiles pulled blankets from the bottom of the bed, guessing that wherever Derek went he decided to leave every inch of their connection behind. It was better that he did because this was all Stiles had. Nothing else remained of he and Derek other than a mattress and a few tear-stained sheets.

__________________________________________________________________________________