Broken Trust

Derek felt tears stream from his eyes, the sound of breaking wood echoing throughout his mind. The partial remnants of a chair fell weak to his arms force, crashing against an equally crippled wall. Shards fell to the ground, Derek wishing it tore his attention from the hurt. But no, the wolf was left with an agonizing hole that he couldn't believe he thought would fill up.

He had to leave, get out of this chamber of remembrance. Both of his family and Stiles, Derek was left with nothing but grudges and heartbreak. In fact, all of Beacon Hills had this effect over him. Why did he ever come back? The physical excuse was because of the alpha, he had to find him, he had to take what was stolen from his sister, Laura, and avenge her. Derek had to become the new alpha. However, tears carelessly fell from his eyes, staining the pale and aggravated skin because it was both naïve and foolish of him to think he'd ever be anything but alone.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Stiles laid in his bed, lifeless eyes staring up at the ceiling. He made the best choice, right? Derek lied to him- betrayed him. How could Stiles learn to trust the possessive wolf again? But he already missed Derek, yearned for his woodsy musk and leather burnt scent. Last night Stiles was so warm- so comfortable with a placid mind when laying in Derek's arms. He wished the brokenhearted beta would just come hold him, forgetting everything they had talked about and all the complications in between their separate persons. God, Stiles thought, if he missed Derek this much now, he couldn't imagine days or even weeks later. The love-drained teenager honestly believed he'd die. But what could he do at this time of night? Especially after what happened, Derek probably hated him. Or worse, Derek thought Stiles hated him. That wasn't true in the slightest, he was just mad and acted upon the impact of his emotions. But Stiles could see clearly now, or at least he thought he could, and his emotions glowed throughout the lonely somber darkness of his room.

Derek was so different than Stiles imagined. He was actually considerate, gentle (when Stiles wanted him to be), kind, but had such a fragile heart. The boy didn't blame him of course, after everything that happened to his family he's got to have some trust issues. Stiles' thoughts went mute, processing such a word as 'trust'. With only five letters, it meant a lot and took time to earn but somehow Stiles did it. Derek placed his trust in the lackluster teen and he just threw it back in his face. Stiles trusted him too, he knew the whole thing with Scott wasn't okay but people make mistakes- so do werewolves.

__________________________________________________________________________________