The Follow-Through

Stiles walked silently through the hall, other students walking every which way and bumping into him. He rolled his eyes, kneeling down to pick up the contents of his backpack which spilled across the floor. But soon he wasn't alone, Scott assisting and looked at him in sympathy.

"Third time." Stiles stated, throwing his bag over his shoulder.

"That's not that bad." Scott replied optimistically.

"This passing period." he finished, a roll in his eyes.

Scott looked down, knowing people moved out of their way for the co-captain of the lacrosse team but not just another player, "Good thing is day's almost over. It's last period."

Stiles swallowed, knowing what that meant. He plastered on a fake smile and replied, "Yeah, I guess."

When taking his usual seat in Biology, Stiles tapped his pen on the desk. The clicking sound was supposed to keep him focused but it became obnoxious fairly quick as did the recollection of Derek's cocky smirk. How could he be so proud of himself when he was practically forcing Stiles to have sex with him? Of course, at the end of it all, it was Stiles' choice but Derek had to know he would accept it. Scott couldn't figure this werewolf thing out by himself and Stiles wasn't necessarily an expert. Then an opportunity finally came up for his human self to do something useful and Scott could be damn sure he'd take it.

The closer it got to the end of class, the more scared Stiles became. Derek was a complete stranger and he was just going to waltz over to his house and bang him. Obviously people did that all the time but Stiles hadn't even had his first time yet. Did Derek know he was still a virgin? If he did then that was a little stalker-like but if he didn't then he might expect Stiles to know how to do certain things or handle certain things. He didn't know shit. Of course the teenage boy had watched movies and shows that contained such activities but that had to be different than real life. Oh god, Stiles silently panicked, what's Derek going to do? Is it going to hurt? Probably.

"Hey!" Scott whispered when slapping the top of Stiles' desk, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," scoffed the almost out of breath teenager, "I'm fine, why?"

"Your heart beats outta control, dude." Scott said, a wide look of concern glimmering in his eyes.

Stiles ran his finger through his short hair, noticing he was beginning to sweat. Still he waved Scott off, "I'm good, it's just hot in here." Even though it was 30° degrees outside, Scott nodded, knowing temperature didn't phase him much anymore.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Stiles lied. It was freezing. Chills traveled up and down his spine as he drove to the Hale house. He would back out- head home and avoid Derek for the rest of his existence but Scott still needed help. Stiles' conscience wouldn't allow him to leave his best friend with nowhere to turn, no one to consult when in such a life changing predicament. However, what the loyal teenager ignored was that this didn't affect just his newly werewolf friend, it changed his life as well.

Stiles confidently turned his jeep into the Hale's driveway, trying to put what he was about to sacrifice out of his mind. It would be okay, he told himself, if he didn't resist then it wouldn't hurt. Right? Oh god, Stiles panicked, fingers piercing his scalp as his hands rested atop his head. He glanced at the house to see if Derek watched his self-debate from a window. Stiles had to admit, he was surprised the wolf hadn't come out here and dragged him inside yet. But he will if I wait any longer, the boy told himself, scrambling out of his jeep. This evening his knock was quieter, stupidly hoping that Derek would fail to hear him and he could just leave- no harm done. Stiles almost rolled his eyes at his own ignorance when a familiar werewolf opened the door.