Weighing the Cost

It was late afternoon, the sun gradually sinking down the west skyline. Stiles and Derek sat on his couch, discussing things they never thought they would. It was quite interesting to go from knowing nothing about someone to almost everything in mere hours. Stiles felt special, like he was the only one who knew Derek that well. Indeed he was, everyone who knew the grief-stricken beta's secrets were dead. Stiles, on the other hand, had friends and family that knew all about him. He was a rather open book when it came to Stiles 401. But the people who had knowledge of him simply heard him, Derek listened. It was like he found anything Stiles said to be amusing or intriguing. Derek gave the boy the impression that he mattered, like what he thought and felt meant something to more than just himself. What Stiles didn't know, however, is that every breath he took meant the world to Derek.

"Why're you looking at me like that?" Stiles asked after stopping mid-sentence.

The dazed wolf shook his head, "Nothing, I was just listening."

He squinted, wondering how the story of his childhood was all that interesting, "Riveting, huh?"

Derek smiled in partial embarrassment, "I like listening to you, watching you."

"That's what killer stalkers say, Derek." Stiles said, a blank expression overcoming his face.

The wolf bit his inner lip, slightly chuckling, "You know what I mean."

"Yeah," Stiles looked down at his twisting fingers, "I do. What is it about me? I mean you could probably get anyone you wanted."

Derek smirked, not oblivious to his attractiveness, "Honestly," he began, "I have no idea."

The teen's eyebrows raised, "Wow, I was expecting something more profound."

"Yeah well," Derek said with a chuckled smile, "I saw you in the woods and then I just couldn't stop seeing you."

Stiles looked to the side, flattered retinas attempting to hide their blush, "And there's the cheesy stuff."

Derek laughed, placing his hand on the boys cheek, "Shut up."

Stiles laughed in return, obliging to the wolf's desiring lips. They tasted so good- so dangerous and forbidden. Of course the boy was hesitant to begin their relationship due to others opinions, but also because it felt good to be sheltered. Stiles liked the secret of him and Derek, it was somehow sexy and even more alluring if that was possible. Yesterday, he craved the darkly handsome beta more than anyone he'd ever seen. It was a magnetic pull- an unseen force that pushed him toward Derek. Was it that bad to want to keep their magnets close for a little while longer, carrying along this secret?
Stiles' hand met the side of Derek's face, smiling seductively into his lips before laying down. The wolf responded, crawling in between Stiles' legs as they laid on the sofa. Derek could smell the teen's lust as it leaked through his skin pores, enabling his own passionate desire. Of course desire was a permanent feeling when Derek was around Stiles, but when they actually touched it felt like heaven. The beta was floating, forgetting all about past lovers as one hand gripped the back of Stiles' thigh. His legs folded on either side of Derek, groaning as the wolf's manhood raised. Sure didn't take that long, thought Stiles, realizing he was hard too. The boy couldn't stop thinking about Derek being inside of him, vibrating and grinding to a rhythm that matched his sputtering heart.
Derek's other hand was pressed to Stiles' cheek, stilling his face to hold forth their kiss. It was the definition of bliss and no other synonyms seemed adequate. But good things don't last long- bliss fades so he really should've expected this.
Derek was taken away from the moment by the sound of creaking chains. They rattled close and abruptly stopped, metal and rubber squeaking as the object came to a halt. Metal, rubber, chains- it had to be a bike. Who'd ride up to Derek's house on a bike? Everyone he knew owned a c- everyone except Scott. That's when the heartbeat reached his ears and he knew. Derek could tell it was Scott's, he'd helped control that heartbeat- keep it from escalating. It was beating fast now as Derek's front door creaked open. Oh god, the wolf panicked, if Scott walks in here he'll find out. Personally, Derek didn't see what the problem was but Stiles did. Maybe the boy was just afraid of the conversation, what he'd have to explain. But they'd been friends forever, Scott would accept him no matter what. Once everything was settled between the two of them, it'd be over. Stiles would no longer be ashamed of Derek and everything would work out. However, Stiles would be furious, he might hate Derek for what he'd done. But accidents happen, right? Blinding himself to his lack of optimism, the wolf chose to alert Stiles of Scott's presence just before it was too late and hope it'd appear unpurposeful. Derek continued to grip and kiss the boy, hearing Scott make his way up the staircase. It'd be fine, he told himself, Stiles wouldn't hate him.