Five

[Chresanto]

The next morning, I wake up to Alyssa sleeping on my bare chest, my arms constricted around her. She looks relaxed as she sleeps, and it's quite a sight to see. Her curls stick to her forehead, and I move them a little. As I move them, I notice what appears to be a scar right along her edges.

I begin to lightly trace the scar up until my phone starts to vibrate on the table beside my bed. Before it can wake Alyssa, I grab it and look at the screen; it's Ace calling. I swipe the screen to accept the call and put the phone up to my ear.

"Wassup?" I answer as Alyssa stirs around in her sleep a little, cuddling up closer to me.

"How was your night?" he questions.

"It was fantastic, actually. I don't know how she does it, but she had a nigga on cloud nine." Obviously, I couldn't tell him what really went down last night because it wouldn't end well for Alyssa, and the last thing I wanted was for her to be hurt. "You need her back or something?"

Ace chuckles. "Nah, I was gonna tell her that since I'm in a generous mood, and she been workin' her ass off that she got the next two days off." Alyssa pulls the cover tighter around her.

"I'll tell her once she gets out the shower," I lie.

"Aight, that's cool with me. Feel free to stop by the club tonight, I got more girls who can do shit for you Breeze can't, know what I mean?"

I look down at Alyssa to see her still sleeping. "I don't know if I'ma be able to make it yet. I got some business type shit to tend to." Part of it wasn't a lie, but I don't want Ace to know that I only go to his club to spend time with Alyssa.

"I hear ya on that." Someone yells his name in the background, and he sighs. "Aye, I'ma have to hit you up later. I gotta go fuck one of these stupid bitches up real quick." Before I can respond, he hangs up, and I put my phone on silent before setting it back on the table.

I place a gentle kiss on Alyssa's forehead, and her eyes flutter open. "Good morning. I was wondering when you would wake up."

She smiles then groggily replies, "I'm sorry." Her head is still resting on my chest, but she's looking up at me.

I smile down at her. "Guess who has the next two days off?" A look of excitement crosses her face.

"Do I really?" I nod. "That's never happened before..." I give her a look of confusion. "Ace is never nice, especially not to me. He must be planning something big."

"Why do you assume that?" Alyssa sits up and stares at me then shakes her head. "No, tell me. Please?" I, too, sit up, so we're now looking in each other's eyes.

"I don't know what to say," she finally admits. "Do you have a toothbrush I could use?"

I nod. "It's gonna be in the guest bathroom in the medicine cabinet, top shelf. Toothpaste and mouthwash should be right next to it." She smiles then kisses my cheek and turns to get out of my bed. I gently grab her arm, and she turns back to face me. "What are we?"

She cocks her head to the side, thinking. After what seems like forever, she replies, "For now, just talking." I nod and let go of her arm, watching as she disappears from my room.