Thirty-Three

[Third Person, Omniscient]

It's been two hours since everything has happened, and Ace is just now waking up. A shooting pain just above his eye is enough incentive for him to lightly dab his finger where the pain is and inspect it, seeing what looks like blood. Everything hits him like a freight train at once, and he realizes that he now has to teach Breeze a lesson she'll never forget.

As he stands up, he notices something shiny on the ground; he picks it up and examines it, only to find out that it's his phone.

"How the fuck...?" he questions no one in particular, ignoring the pain from the cuts and bruises he has. He unlocks his phone, and pulls up his recent apps. He clicks on the most recent, his call log and stares at the screen. "I shoulda known that nigga had somethin' to do wit' that bitch gettin' testy." He walks to the bottom of the stairs. "Breeze, get yo ass down here now!!"

He hears footsteps, but the person standing at the top of the stairs isn't who he wants; it's Maria.

"No one's here, but us," she informs him. "After Breeze knocked you unconscious, she got on the phone and a few minutes later, Chresanto and two of his friends showed up." Anger rushes through Ace as Maria's statement replays itself over in his head.

"I'm gone kill that nigga!" he roars, punching the wall closest to him with the hand his phone isn't in. He regains his composure before turning to Maria. "Why the fuck you ain't jet?"

Maria smiles before seductively walking over to Ace and wrapping her arms around his neck. "I already have all that I need right here with you... Daddy."

Maria had been working for Ace since she was fifteen years old, and she was head over heels in love with him, despite the four year age difference between the two, Maria being the youngest. Maria's home life was like one you would see in a movie... that is until her mother was raped and killed by an unknown male; the rape and murder is still unsolved.

Ace allows his hands to slide down to Maria's behind and squeezes it, placing feather-like kisses starting from her neck up to the bottom of her ear. Once at her ear, Ace whispers, "This is why I plan to wife you up one day." He slaps her behind. "Go up to my room and grab my bag."

"Yes, Daddy," Maria giggles, walking to Ace's room.

I'm gone gut this nigga like a fish, Ace thinks to himself, his anger boiling again.

[Alyssa]

I sit on my bed, one hand lightly resting on a sleeping Piper while the other is gently placed on my stomach. I'm pregnant, and Chresanto is the father.

A light knock on the slightly ajar door startles me and causes Piper to turn over in her sleep, wincing as her side touches the edge of the bed.

"It's open," I lightly call out, careful not to wake Piper. Chresanto pushes the door open a little more and walks in, his eyes immediately falling on the hand placed on my stomach.

"It's true?" he asks, leaning against the doorframe. Instead of saying anything, I nod. "I'm gonna be a father?" I nod again and a smile breaks out across his face. "I can't believe it. How far along are you?"