Twenty

[Alyssa]

I watch in astonishment as Chresanto stomps off. I still can't believe he snapped at me the way he did... all I did was ask a question.

Chandler and Shiloh arrive to the table and reclaim their seats, Shiloh going straight for his food.

"Where'd Chres and the girls go?" Chandler questions, taking a sip of his drink.

"The girls went to the bathroom, and I don't know where Chresanto went," I respond. The girls return to the table a little later and sit back in their seats.

"Where's Chres?" Dahlia questions, taking a sip of her drink.

"I was just going to ask you the same thing," Chandler answers, biting into his sandwich. "Alyssa says he just stormed off."

Jazmyne kisses her teeth and mumbles, "Because she's too damn nosey."

"What the actual fuck is your problem, Jaz?" Shiloh growls. "Ever since you met her, you had a problem with her. Why?"

"Why is everyone so damn accepting of her?" Jazmyne retorts. "Whenever you all first met me, you gave me a hard time. You put me through these tests to see if I was really loyal, but y'all are just welcoming her with open arms."

"So, in other words, you're jealous?" Dahlia confirms, and Jazmyne glares at her. "I'm just asking because you stay getting upset every time someone even mentions Alyssa's name."

"Why does everyone care so much about her anyways?" Jazmyne retorts. "We all know that after Chres has sex with her, he's going to dump her like he does the others."

"The others?" I repeat.

"Jazmyne!" Shiloh yells, and she looks at him. "What is wrong with you!?"

"Oh, shut up, Shiloh," Jazmyne responds. "Give me the keys. I'm going home."

"No, you're not, Jaz. You don't just drop some shit like that and get pissed when no one takes your side. If you want to act so fuckin' childish, I'ma treat you like a child," Shiloh growls. "I get tired of yo childish behavior, I swear I do, Jaz."

"Shi, chill," Chandler says, resting a hand on his twin's forearm.

Shiloh shakes his head, just as Chresanto comes back to the table and sits down. "What's going on?"

I turn and look at him. "Are you just interested in me because you want to have sex with me?"

Chresanto sighs then glares at Jazmyne. "What did you tell her?"

"Just what she needed to know," Jazmyne retorts, eating more of her sandwich.

"How many?" My voice breaks as my eyes start to water, and I don't know why. I'm not starting to develop feelings for Chresanto, am I? No, that's crazy...

"How many what?" he rephrases, turning his attention from Jazmyne to me then to her again. "Jaz, what the fuck did you say to her?"

"She said that after you had sex with me, you were just going to leave me alone like you do the others," I answer. "How many were there?"

"None," Chresanto bites out. "Why would even believe what she says? You could have asked Dahlia if what Jaz said was true."

"Don't put me in the middle of this," Dahlia objects, eating a bite of her sandwich. Chresanto shakes his head.