Thirty-Seven

[Chresanto]

The next morning, I am awaken by a loud, high-pitched screeching noise which I assumed to be my alarm clock, so I reach out and slam my hand on my alarm clock, but the noise doesn't cease. I sit up, groaning and turn on a lamp. I look at my clock to see three numbers displayed: eight fifteen.

I rub the sleep from my eyes, the high-pitched noise still occurring, so I kick my feet over the side of my bed and stand up in all my naked glory.

"My, my, my," a nasal voice from the corner of the room speaks, startling me. "I've always wondered why Breeze was so drawn to you, and now I see why. You're packing."

I grab the cover and wrap it around me before turning to where the voice came from and spot Maria, my top lip curling in disgust. "How the fuck did you manage to get in my house?"

"Now, now, Chresanto, is that any way to treat a guest?" she questions, hungrily staring at me.

"You aren't a guest, you're an intruder. Now, I'm gonna give you one chance to answer me before shit gets violent," I threaten, slowly making my way towards my dresser.

Maria lets out a combination between a snort and a tortured pig before holding up a shiny, black object. "If you're looking for this, you won't find it because I already did." She spins the decoy gun around on her finger, not knowing that it's actually a pellet gun. "Here I was, thinking you'd be smart enough to know that hiding a loaded gun in your top drawer is mistake number one, but I guess I was mistaken. You're as dumb as you look."

I let out a cold, inaudible chuckle as I reach into my top drawer and pull out a pair of sweatpants before sliding them on with the cover still on my back. Once I'm halfway clothed, I turn to face Maria, a sly smirk on my face. "Did you honestly think that I, Chresanto August, would be dumb enough to place an actual gun in such a cliche spot as that?"

Maria looks dumbfounded for a brief second then checks the gun, anger now possessing her features. "Well, I may not have a real gun in hand, but let me ask you this, Chresanto: where for art thou baby mama?"

My eyes widen at her question. "What did you do to her?"

Again, Maria lets out that heinous excuse of a chuckle before answering, "It's not me you need to worry about hurting her." As if on cue, my phone begins to vibrate against my bedside table. I look to Maria. "Well, go on. Answer it. I'll give you some privacy." After that, she leaves the room.

I pick the phone up and look at the caller I.D. to see an unfamiliar number before sliding my finger across the accept button and holding it up to my ear. "Hello?"

"If it ain't my nigga Santo!" Ace cheerfully greets on the other end. "Lemme ask you somethin', aight?"

I pinch the bridge of my nose and answer, "What?"

"I know it's you that been fuckin' my bitch with no rubber, but I just wanna know watchu gone do if said bitch, pregnant at that, come up... oh, I don't know, wit' a slit throat."

"If you harm one fucking hair on her head, I, myself, will personally hunt you down to the ends of the deepest ocean and take my sweet time kicking your ass before blasting a bullet through your skull," I growl through gritted teeth.

Ace chuckles. "I see you got some big balls goin' on there, nigga, but how about a deal?"

"What, that I let a pack of wild dogs get you first then I blow a hole through your skull? Or I out you to L.A.P.D first? I'm sure they would love to hear about the pussy ass nigga that not only kidnaps and rapes young girls but also forces them into sex trafficking."

"I got one even better. How 'bout you come work for me, and I'll let ya lil' girlfriend go," he rebuttals. "You wanna speak to her? She's dying to speak to you."

"Put her on," I growl. I hear what sounds like tape being ripped and a little rustling before I hear soft breathing. "Alyssa?"

"Chres," she breathes out, her voice coated with relief.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you? Baby, I swear I'm gonna get you out of there," I hurriedly promise.

Before she can say anything, I hear a different breathing pattern on the phone followed by Ace's voice. "Now, Santo, you should learn from ya past not to make promises you can't keep. Just ask Nellie."

At the mention of her name, my hardcore demeanor shatters. Luckily, I'm alone in my room. "That wasn't my fault, and you know it! You forced her to breakup with me!"

Ace begins to speak again. "Tsk, tsk, tsk. Why don't you leave ya anger for when we meet up later? How does nine fifty sound to you? The old hangout spot." He pauses for a minute then adds, "Bring ya friends, too." After that, he hangs up.

With all the rage I can muster up, I turn and punch a hole in my wall. "Fuck!"

The sound of high heels clicking against my hardwood floors causes me to snap my head in the direction they come from to see Maria leaning against the doorframe, her arms crossed over her chest. "All that anger isn't good for your health. Let me take care of it the best way I know how." She winks at me before trying to seductively saunter in my direction. She stops in front of me and drops down to her knees. "Just relax and let me do all the necessary work... Daddy." She bites her lip and places her hand on the waistband of my pants before I grab her arms and pull her up, slamming her back into the wall. "Ooh, Daddy, I like it rough."

With my nostrils flared and teeth gritted, I snarl, "Keep. Your. Fuckin'. Hands. Off. Of. Me." I turn and walk to my bed, grabbing my gun from under the mattress. I point it towards her. "Make any sudden movements, and it's your life. Capisce?" Scared and shaking, Maria nods as I pick up my cell phone and call Chandler, my gun still on her.

He answers after the third ring. "What, nigga?"

"Code one-oh-one," I say, hanging up. He knows what to do next, so I waste no time in explaining details. Instead, I go over to the alarm system in my bedroom and shut the annoying ringing off, not comprehending why I didn't do that first. I turn back to Maria. "Follow me and for your sake, don't try anything stupid."

She nods and follows me from my bedroom to my office. There, I grab all sorts of weapons ranging from knives to brass knuckles; I put then in a bag, preparing for the all out war that's about to ensure.

------

dun, dun, duuuun! I know y'all wasn't expecting that, was ya? y'all about to see Chres in action, so be prepared!!

yes, I know it's short, but next chapter should be longer, AMD after that, there will be only a good two or three chapters left before Hold Me comes to an end *sad face emoji here*