Twelve

"I done met a lot of girls in my life, but they not like you, no...

I done been with the best, and baby, you're the best of the best.

You're the greatest, oh...

I don't know what it is but I love you, I love you, I love you..."

-I Love You, Chris Brown ft. Easter Dean

[Alyssa]

After Chresanto told me he loved me, I didn't know how to react. We'd only known each other for less than two weeks, and he's already telling me he loves me? He finished teaching me how to fight before cooking me dinner at seven thirty, which turned out to be shrimp Alfredo with a side of green beans. After dinner, we said our goodnights and headed our separate ways, and that was at eight forty-five.

Now, it is now seven fifty, and I am back at the "trap" house, getting ready to head back to the real world. I am currently putting on make-up, while Piper is doing my hair; I don't know how she does it, but she does my hair as if she's a professional.

"Alyssa!" Piper calls, pulling me from my thoughts. I stare up at her. "Okay, who is he?" She sits next to me and begins to work on her own hair.

"Who is who?" I question, finishing my make-up.

Piper glares at me, then leans in and whispers, "The guy you're so obviously in love with."

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Pipe." I turn to face her. "Want me to do your make-up?"

"Sure, but just a warning, don't let Ace find out you're sexing clients for free. Tell me he at least used protection?" she asks in a hushed whisper.

I whisper back, "For your information, we haven't even had sex yet. Now, shut up and let me do your make-up." She doesn't say another word as I start on her make-up. "So, you working the floor tonight or the bar?"

"I'm working the floor," she sadly replies. Ace usually has the girls whom are receiving visits from Mother Nature working the bar; I was working it at the beginning of the month. "Now, let's get up and get going. The club is going to be opening in ten minutes, and I can't afford another bruise." I nod in understanding and follow Piper out of the bathroom, down the stairs and out the front door to the vehicle that is going to be taking us to the club.

~•~•~

It is now eleven forty-five, and the club closes in an hour and fifteen minutes, but I've seen no sign of Chresanto. My heart aches a little because he's usually here and when he does come, I'll give him a lap dance while we talk, but I guess that isn't happening tonight.

I am nearing the end of a lap dance with a guy who usually comes around every Monday night, his name is along the lines of Milo or something like that, when the door busts open. Ace is standing there while a dumbfounded Milo stares with his jaw dropped; Ace doesn't appear mad, which is a good thing, but he doesn't appear happy, either.