Thirty

[Alyssa]

"Why, hello there, beautiful," a deep voice compliments, startling me and causing me to drop one of the glasses in my hand. It hits the counter but doesn't break.

I turn to the voice only to see Chresanto sitting alone, staring at me. I walk over to him and set a shot glass down, pouring vodka in it; that was Ace's complimentary shot to all of his customers. After that, they have to pay.

"Hello," I smile. "What can I get you to drink?"

He picks the shot up and pours it back before setting the empty glass down. "Another shot of this please." I grab the vodka and pour him another shot. "She found him."

I know what he's referring to. After I told him that I know the dognapping story was false, Chresanto told me what was really going on with Dahlia; of course, he still refuses to tell me what kind of business he's into, but at least he let me in on something.

"So, she's back at her house?" I inquire, setting the bottle back on the shelf. Chresanto nods his head before downing his current shot. "And you're looking to get fucked up because...?"

"Just a celebration," he responds, pushing his glass towards me. I take the vodka off the shelf and fill his glass up again. "Plus, if I get fucked up just right, you'll be able to take me home."

I smile and slightly blush at his reasoning for getting wasted, that is until one of the guys at the bar begins to whistle and snap his fingers at me.

I sigh and give Chresanto an apologetic glance before walking to the opposite end of the bar.

"What can I get for you, Eric?" I inquire, pulling out an empty glass. Joey is a usual customer at the bar, and he rarely ever gets a lap dance; he claims it's out of respect for his pregnant fiancée, but who am I to question his motives?

"Let me have a glass of straight tequila," he pulls out a twenty dollar bill and places it on the bar. "Keep the change as a tip." I give him a sweet smile and pour a glass full of tequila before setting it in front of him. "Thank you."

I walk back to where Chresanto was sitting to find his chair empty and become a little downhearted because I was really enjoying his company. I begin to look around for him, but I don't see him anywhere; he must be getting a lap dance from one of the other girls. As I think about, and visualize, him getting a lap dance from someone other than myself, I feel my lips turning downward into a frown; for some odd reason, I feel like crying out of betrayal.

"Sorry I went M.I.A, I had to take a phone call," Chresanto explains, sitting back where he was. He notices my face, and his becomes masked with concern. "Are you okay?"

I nod and put on a smile. As I get ready to say something, I feel a stinging sensation on my ass, and I hiss in pain, knowing only one person would slap me on my ass as hard this person did.

"Damn, Breeze," Ace whispers in my ear before facing Chresanto. "Santo, my nigga. Wassup wit' it?"

"Not much," Chresanto answers, throwing back the shot of vodka I poured earlier. "Why she bartending and not out on the floor?"

"Wanted to switch shit up a bit," he shrugs. "Why?"

Chresanto shakes his head. "I may need a designated driver tonight."

"Breeze gotchu. Ain't that right?" Ace asks. I nod, and Ace cuts his eyes at me. "Come again?"

I sigh and look him in the eyes before responding, "Yes, Daddy." I notice Chresanto's free hand curl into a fist.