Forty-Four

[Alyssa]

Five Months Later...

Keeleigh and I are sitting upstairs in mine and Chresanto's room, a water in my hand and glass of wine in hers. Dahlia and Chandler, along with Shiloh and Shiloh, Jr., are all sitting in the living room, watching TV; Jazmyne is nowhere to be found.

"Alyssa?" I turn my attention towards Keeleigh. "Since you're pregnant with twins and all, what are you going to name them?"

Yes, I am eight-and-a-half months pregnant with twins; no, I don't know the genders. I want that to be a surprise, plus I wanted their father to name at least one of them, which he did.

"I'm not sure, but if I have one girl, her name will definitely be Arielle Naomi; if one is a boy, his name will be Cameron Logan Ryan," I answer, rubbing my stomach as one of the twins begins to kick me. "You like those names, babies?" I feel another kick, and I smile, my hand still rested on my now protruding stomach.

"Well, if you have two girls, you could name one Cameron, too," Keeleigh suggests. "That whole name is really unisex, and I think it would be cute for one of my little cousin's."

"Yeah, about that...," I look over at her to see her staring at me worriedly. "How would you like to be one of the twins' godmother?"

Keeleigh's mouth falls open with an audible popping sound, and her eyes go wide. "Me? Really?" I nod, watching as tears begin to pool up in her eyes; soon, she is pulling me into a hug. "I would love to be a godmother to one of your children, but who's the godparent to the other?"

"The godparents to my other child are Dahlia and Chandler," I explain. "She kind of appointed them the title once we knew I was having twins."

"I wish I had someone to love me the way Chandler does Dahlia. Do you think Shiloh could be like that?" Keeleigh questions, nervously biting her nails.

It's no secret to everyone else that Keeleigh is attracted to Shiloh and vice versa, but to the two, it's as if they couldn't be more blind; Shiloh tries to drop subtle hints about his attraction by giving her compliments, giving her flowers, just little things, and Keeleigh tries to be more outright with her attraction towards him by being extremely flirtatious at times.

"Keeleigh, if you want him, tell him," I state, feeling one of the twins kick me again.

She lets a laugh escape her lips. "I can't do that. He's too busy parenting his son."

"Sometimes, you have to take that first step," I say as one of the twins kick me yet again, this time more powerful; at least, I assume it's a kick. I place a hand on my stomach and hiss in pain, gaining a concerned look from Keeleigh. "I'm fine. It's just the twins are moving nonstop at the moment."

Her eyes travel to my protruding stomach then down to the bed. "Aly?"

Another sharp kick from one of the twins causes me to yelp in pain, and I turn my attention toward Keeleigh. "Yes?"

"Don't be alarmed, but I think you might want to call Dahlia," she says.

Before I can ask why, I feel something wet underneath me. I look down and my eyes widen. "My water just broke!"

Before I can call out for Dahlia or Chandler, one of the most horrendous pains ever occurs in my lower abdomen, and I let a bloodcurdling scream escape my lips; not too long after, Dahlia and the twins, as well as a wailing Shiloh, Jr., are standing in the doorway.

Dahlia looks to the bed then rushes over to me and grabs one of my hands. "Chan, go get her hospital bag from downstairs and get the truck ready. The twins are coming tonight."

"Lia," I start off, just as another pain rakes throughout my body, "I can't do it! I can't have these babies without him!"

"Aly, just breathe," she coaxes. "Take deep breaths, okay? In… out… in… and out…" I do as she says, calming myself down. "Do you think you can walk?"

I nod and try standing up, only for the pain to shoot throughout me again. "It hurts so bad."

"Okay, okay. I won't make you walk. Shi, can you carry her downstairs to the truck?" She looks to Shiloh who is already handing his son to Keeleigh; he makes his way to me and picks me up bridal style before carrying me down the stairs, Dahlia and Keeleigh right behind us.

Once we reach the truck, he places me in the backseat and gets in the front seat after grabbing his son from Keeleigh. Dahlia sits on one side of me while Keeleigh sits on the other, both holding my hands.

"How far apart are your contractions?" Dahlia questions, as another contraction pierces through my body, causing me to squeeze tightly on both of the girls' hands. "Ow!"

"Dahlia, I can't do this without him!" I shout, my eyes welling up with tears. "He promised to be here!"

"Alyssa," Dahlia calmly states, "just breathe. He'll be here for you even if he can't be."

~•~•~

After a painful fourteen hours of labor, I am finally holding my twins in my arms.

"Oh, my goodness!" Dahlia squeals. "They're so adorable! Can I hold my niece?" I nod, and she makes her way over to me and grabs Arielle, planting a small kiss on her forehead. "When your twin wakes up, they'll get held, too." Dahlia sits beside me and shows me my daughter, her eyes tightly shut. "Are you going to breastfeed or formula feed?"

"Breastfeed," I quickly respond, smiling down at my sleeping daughter in Dahlia's hands; I look to my other newborn twin and smile also. "Your Daddy loves both of you very much, babies."

- - - - - -

I know this update is long overdue, and I apologize for the lateness. I've been working a lot lately, but I'm back in business!

sad news: there is only one chapter leftyes, only uno. welp, I hoped you all enjoyed this update, lovelies! keep a lookout for the next update.