The Lady of Light

I whistled cheerfully as we walked through the delightful woods of Lothórien.

           This action may seem unusual as the Fellowship and I were surrounded by elven archers who could "accidentally" send an arrow through our heads, but after winning against the leader of the band of elves, I felt the need to gloat. 

              As I had predicted, the leader of the elves shot me an ugly look, I mean an uglier look, and tried his best to ignore me. Unfortunately, I had the stubborn factor in my genes. Leaning as close as I was allowed, I blew a sharp, shrill whistle right in his ear. Startled out of his wits, he grabbed my arm harshly. I resisted the impulse to wince, but let's just say that the elf had an iron grip that was magnified a hundred times.

                 "Tomorrow, at dawn," he whispered and released his grip.

                  Giving him a firm nod, I distanced myself from him and walked besides the Fellowship. Before I could even say a word to the Fellowship, Boromir grasped my arm roughly and murmured, "Be careful, Haldir is a march warden and is known for his skill in combat. You are a woman and your weakness can lead to your demise."

                    Wait, did he just call me weak?

                   Squaring my shoulders, I glared into his eyes while clenching and unclenching my fists. After a moment of still tension, I suddenly darted forwards and punched Boromir in the face, throwing all my weight and strength into it. Boromir staggered backwards and nearly tripped over himself while he clutched his nose, which was now oozing with dark red blood.

                     The Fellowship and all the elves froze. Visibly shaking with anger, I said in a low and deadly voice, "I was the one who beat you in hand to hand combat, I was the one who defeated that squid guardian, I was the one who faced off hundreds of Orcs by your side, and I was the one who beat countless of dwarves, orcs, elves, and men in combat. If you think that all of these actions are considered weak, then you are either blinded by your pride or you're extremely stupid."

                       We stared at each other for a moment and then, as if we were given an unspoken command, we exchanged a slight nod and turned away. Before I turned away though, I ripped a length of my silver cape and folded it into a neat square before handing it to Boromir.

                        "Sorry about your nose," I said.

                       The Fellowships' mouths immediately dropped. I had a reputation for never apologising, and the fact that I just apologised without being sarcastic was too much.

                        Ignoring the prickling stares at the back of my neck, I quickened my pace until I was even with Legolas.

                       A silence settled over us all and the only sound was that of our feet crunching on the leaves. Before we knew it, Haldir stopped and announced in a soft voice, "Welcome to Lothlórien."

      ***

               My eyes widened in disbelief. Tall, gray trees towered over us and the cobalt blue leaves sparkled in the pure light that emanated from this place. Silver and blue spheres of light were strung on the branches of the trees and sparkled and glittered like the stars. I was almost blinded by all the light and beauty and just managed to not collapse from all of it.

               I had a sudden urge to go up the marble staircase in front of us that was as polished as glass. However, Haldir gave me a slight look of warning. Just when I opened my mouth to inquire, we were all struck by a dazzling presence. The whole staircase lit up with a glow and just faintly, I could see the silhouettes of two elves. When the light dimmed a bit, I immediately bowed my head respectfully as the Lady of Light stepped down gracefully down the steps, which dimmed the second her feet left them. In front of her, Lord Celeborn offered her his hand and helped her down.