To Light the Embers

I walked. Blemished. Bloodstained. Destroyed. I had not imagined our final encounter to be like this, no, I wanted him to suffer; to pay for what he had done with each drop of blood. I wanted him to loathe himself for what he had done to me. "I don't regret it," his voice echoed, making me clench my fists in rage. But I managed to hold myself back as a sudden pang of relief swept through my chest. It was done. I was free. But if I had accomplished what I had set out all those years ago to do, then why did my heart feel so empty? "Is it done?" I heard Aragorn ask, his voice breaking through my daze. Unable to give an answer, I nodded firmly, my walls collapsing around me. "Gandalf is getting Frodo and Sam from Mount Doom," Aragorn continued, his voice growing fainter and fainter as my thoughts swam through my head.

"Genevieve?" I heard a voice ask, making me look up. Instead of Aragorn, Legolas was there, his face tired with dirt smudged on his face. The sight of it made me crack a smile despite myself. "You look nice," I said, making Legolas scowl for a moment, his eyes sparking.

Aragorn gave a sly chuckle, his eyes twinkling, as he silently left, smirking for unknown reasons. Clearing my throat nervously, I started to edge away before Legolas caught my wrist with ease, spinning me around. "Going somewhere, mellon?" he asked mischeviously, quirking one eyebrow.

"What makes you say that?" I asked in feigned innocence, trying to squirm away. "Are you just mad I said that you finally look unperfect for just one day?!"

Legolas smirked, "Are you implying that I look perfect everyday?"

I scowled. "Getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't you?"

Legolas smiled, the ends of his lips curving in a mischievous manner. "Well, mellon, we are both thankfully alive, so...." he trailed off, waiting for me to fill in the blanks, referring back to our previous discussion.

"So?" I asked in feigned innocence, casually inspecting my nail.

"So, it means I get to do this," he spoke softly, and suddenly leaning in, he wove his hand in my hair; tilting my chin upwards to match his height. Softly, gently, as if I was the most precious person in the world, his lips collided with mine, passion igniting in my blood. It was as if we were two embers of fire, our sparks melding together to create something ancient, something powerful that we were not aware of, yet was inside of ourselves the entire time. All thoughts faded; the war, the bloodshed, even Aeduinn, as we were locked, yet so free, as the only thing that remained was our love-- untainted and unblemished like Lissuin.

***

     Well, finally the scene you have all been waiting for. How was it? Sorry if I suck at romance, but on another note, the book is almost over. Thank you for being such great readers and sticking with me through each trouble and I hope you all have a great Halloween! :D