Rescue

I fished my pack from the river, glaring at Legolas so hard that if looks could kill someone, he would be crushed, incinerated, and stabbed through the heart.

"This is all your fault," I hissed at him, my temper not improving from the state of my sopping wet clothes.

"If I distinctly remember, you were the one who tackled me, thus tipping the boat," Legolas retorted, his usual calm demeanor vanishing in an instant.

"Well how was I supposed to know that you were such a prissy princess about your hair?" I snarled at him, fueling our banter.

"Well I wouldn't be so angry about my hair getting wet, if you hadn't tipped the boat!" Legolas said in an annoyed tone, his blue eyes clashing against my green ones.

"And I wouldn't have tipped the boat, if you haven't called me an amateur!" I yelled, frustrated at his pig-headedness.

"You are a very dislikable person," Legolas nearly hissed, which meant that things were probably getting really bad.

"You're an even more dislikable person!" I hissed back.

"You're both very dislikable people," Gimli yelled, his voice breaking through our argument. "Because of you two, I nearly drowned in the river and beyond that, you nearly made me lose the precious Lady Galadriel's hair!" he said, pointing his axe in an accusing manner at both of us.

Turning around, he grumbled his way to the fire, where the hobbits were; staring at both of us like we just dropped from the sky.

Giving each other a final glare, Legolas departed to watch camp with Aragorn (and probably complain to him like the prissy person he is) and I plopped a seat beside Pippin and bit off a chunk of Lembas bread angrily.

"You and Legolas seem to argue a lot," Pippin observed, trying to strike a conversation with me.

"Really, what gave it away?" I asked sarcastically, my ornery self rising up.

Pippin gave me a blank stare, and rolling my eyes, I slung my pack over my shoulder and settled beside Boromir. He gazed at me queerly and for a moment, he and I sat in companionable silence together.

"So, I heard that you called the archer a prissy princess," Boromir commented, cracking a wry smile.

Shaking my head, I sighed and said angrily, "He is so annoying sometimes. I mean, seriously, it takes two to stab an Orc." (based off saying: It takes two to tango).

"Well it actually takes one to stab an Orc...." Boromir began, but then trailed off after seeing my murderous glare.

"But seriously, what is his problem?" I said angrily, venting my fury by sharpening my dagger; picturing the grindstone as Legolas's head.