Gifts of Lady Galadriel

Hello! And without further ado, here is the chapter...

Dedicated to everyone who read this book:)

***

With almost inhuman speed, I darted forwards and stretching my hand out, I touched the ring...

        There was pain. Unbelievable pain that sent me sprawling on the ground. The mind of Sauron gripped my mind in a death grip and sent a want, no a lust, for blood that sent wave after wave of agony though my soul. 

           Straining for control, I was dimly aware of Aragorn in the distance, shouting my name. 

             "So," a deep and horrible voice like rocks being grinded together said, "the heir of Isildur is here, along with you and your pathetic Fellowship."

               Gasping as the voice scraped my ears, I closed my eyes, reasserting my barriers that I had placed in my mind. However, it was to no avail as to my horror, my arm stretched out against my own will and drew the sword out of my scabbard. As it gave a low, metallic hum, I raised the sword and felt Sauron studying the scene before him. 

            A couple of hobbits, an heir to Gondor's throne, and especially, one hobbit that was attempting to destroy the ring... 

                  Before I could stop myself, I had lunged at Frodo, brandishing my blade. I cried out, not of anger of spite, but because of the sight of Frodo's pale blue eyes- as innocent as a dove, piercing my soul.

                    It was then that I had heard the whistling of another blade as it slashed and intercepted my sword in mid-air. 

                   Fighting for control, I felt a brief burst of defiance and drawing it from the back of my mind and focusing on it, I imagined the defiance as an arrow nocked in a crossbow and baiting for time, I shot it at Sauron's soul. 

                   My mind was immediately released, freedom pumping through my veins, but it was only for a moment. The fragment of defiance was soon crushed as the hatred swirled and caged my mind once more.

                     Straining to keep my vision clear, I stared at the person stopping me- Aragorn.

                        My green eyes meeting his blue ones, I whispered, "Run," before all the control I had left slipped out of my grasp and I became Sauron's puppet once more.

                         All I could do was watch as I thrusted my sword towards Aragorn with such ferocity that he would have been impaled if he didn't move away in time. Just as I started to swing the sword once more, though, I heard a sound- an unmistakable whistle of an arrow. Out of pure reflexes, I reached out and snatched the arrow out of the air. However, I knew it was just a warning shot. 

                        Realizing that it was a diversion, I immediately swung my sword backwards and clanged it against Aragorn's sword, creating a shower of orange sparks.