11: Early Morning Comfort

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"(Y/n)!" You heard a distant, quiet call.

You were half awake in your cabin. Sitting up slightly, you looked around at who could've called you. All of your siblings were sound asleep. Taking a look at the clock, you saw that it was 2:00 AM.

You yawned. Guess it was just in my head, you thought.

"(Y/n)!" You heard again. You finally spotted movement in the window next to your bed. Realizing who it was, you rolled your eyes.

You quietly opened the window. "It's 2AM," You stated in a monotone voice, your eyelids half open.

"I know, but I need your help right now." Your best friend, Nico whispered. "It's 2AM," you repeated.

He sighed. "Please, (Y/n)," he brought out the puppy dog eyes. "Okay, okay. What do you need?" You whispered. "Just climb out first, I don't want to wake anyone up," he spoke quietly while glancing behind you at your cabin full of siblings.

You climbed out, and shut the window behind you softly. "So what did you-Ahh!" You yelped as he yanked you into the shadows and shadow-traveled you both to Zeus-knows-where.

You shut your eyes tightly and gripped onto Nico. After a few moments, he announced that you guys were here.

You opened your eyes. You were at Zeus' Fist near the creek. "Dude, what's so important that you had to kidnap me here? You went all ninja and took me here before telling me."

"Oh y-yeah," he said, fidgeting.

"Yeah. And why at 2AM?" You asked, still super tired. "Oh wait! We're sneaking out of camp to go on a quest, aren't we?" You burst out, suddenly wide awake.

He blinked. "That's not-"

"It's a new demigod, isn't it! Are they in danger? Oh my gods this is so exciting. Not the danger part but-"

"Actually, (Y/n)-"

"Hold on, let me get my (weapon of choice). Wait here," you hurried towards your cabin.

"(Y/n)!" He grabbed your arms before you could go any further. You stared at him questioningly.

"That's actually not what I meant by needing your help."

You calmed down a little. "Oh, then what did you mean?"

"Sorry for waking you up so early. And for getting you all excited. It's just," he took a shaky breath,"I can't stop thinking about Tartarus."

Your eyes softened a bit. You placed a hand on his shoulder. You both sat down in the grass and leaned on Zeus' Fist.

"Lately, whenever I go to sleep, I have nightmares about it. I remember all the things I saw down there and-" his eyes started watering.

You quickly shushed him and hugged him tightly. "It's okay," you whispered.

He looked at you, "So you're not upset about me waking you up at 2AM?"

You laughed. "Well you could've picked a better time, but hey, anything for you." He smiled at that.

You leaned your head on his shoulder, and he wrapped an arm around you. You both sat there for a while, the quiet chirping of crickets and soft voices of you two talking being the only thing breaking the silence of the early morning.

"So we're not gonna go on a quest? And there's no demigod in danger?" You asked, pouting.

He chuckled, "Nope, sorry, (Y/n)."

"Can we sneak out of camp anyway?" You whined.

"You can, but i'm staying here," he laughed.

You stayed silent, quietly considering it.

"Don't even think about it, (Y/n)," he warned, reading your mind.

The both of you were slowly falling asleep on eachother. "I'm glad I asked you to came here at 2AM," he hummed.

You gazed at his closed eyelids, "Correction, you technically kidnapped me here. But how does this help with your nightmares?"

He opened his eyes to look at you. "First of all, you're the one who climbed out the window. That implied that you were giving me permission to kidnap you. And second of all," he continued,"It doesn't help, but this is still nice."

You rolled your eyes and smiled. "Yeah, this is nice," you agreed.

"I should kidnap you more often," he joked.

You shrugged, "Sure, anytime. But not at 2AM if you can help it," you said.

He frowned, "Aw come on, please?" He brought out the puppy dog eyes.

"Alright, alright," you laughed, "But not all the time, though."

He nodded in understanding. "3AM, then," he joked.

The sun was slowly coming up, but you guys didn't care. You stayed there, leaning on each other with closed eyes.

~Annabeth's POV~

Making my way towards Rachel's cave in the woods, I yawned, still tired. She said something last night about coming early this morning, and it being super important. If it's about another prophecy, I might actually stab myself.

I took a right turn, I was getting close to Zeus' Fist.

Suddenly I heard movement. I walked into the clearing that held Zeus' Fist and the creek. My eyes darted around as my hand curled around my dagger.

What I saw, almost made me drop my dagger. My eyes settled upon two figures, their backs were facing me. The boy had an arm around the girl, his hold on her seemed protective. They were sitting next to eachother, and I got the impression that they were asleep. Nico and (Y/n).

Faster than the speed of sound, which was an exaggeration because sound moves at the speed of 761.2 miles per hour at sea level, I whipped out my demigod-proof phone.

Taking a picture of the two of them together, I sent it to Piper. I quickly dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

I heard her yawn, "Hey, Annabeth. What's up?" She asked tiredly.

"Morning, Piper, did you get the picture I sent?"

"Yeah, I didn't look at it yet though," she said. "Look at it right now," I said excitedly.

"Why?" She yawned again.

"Just do it. Trust me, you're gonna love it."
___________________________________________________

Heyheyhey peoples. Sorry if you thought the title sucked. I totally agree. Anyway, requests?
This one is actually one of my favorite ones that I've written so far. Time to get working on the next one *winkwink*

Love you guys! -latersatyr