15: Secret Admirer

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"Hey, (Y/n)," Jason's voice rang infront of you.

You tilted your head up from a copy of the plans that Annabeth had given you to study for the upcoming game of Capture the Flag.

You smiled at him, "'Sup, Jason." You patted the seat beside you on the porch of your cabin, gesturing for him to sit down.

He sat down next to you. "So, there's this guy I know," he stated.

"Yeah okay, what about him?"

"This guy really likes you, but he's too shy to tell you," he grinned, tapping his fingers on the wooden porch.

"Really? Who?"

"Well, he'd impale me with his sword if I told you."

"You can't just come up to me and tell me something like that and not expect me to want to know who it is," you pouted, "And plus, you and I are best friends."

"He's my best friend too," he laughed.

"The only guy friends you have are Percy, Nico, Frank, Leo, and Dakota. And I already know it's not any of them," you said.

He laughed again. "See you later, (Y/n)." Standing up, he patted the top of your head and ran off.

"Wait but-" you started, but he was already to far to hear.

You sighed and stood up as you heard the horn blow, signaling dinner.

While you were walking towards the Dining Pavillion, you watched as naiads emerged from the canoe lake, dryads melted from the trees, and satyrs skipped out of the strawberry fields. The sight never ceased to amaze you.

A tap on your shoulder made you turn.

It was Leo, with his usual huge smile, and Nico, who was beside him.

"'Sup, (Y/n). Mind if we walk with you to the Mess Hall?" he asked, even though you knew they would walk with you anyway if you said no.

"Sure," you smiled.

"So, I heard about that guy who's in love with you," Leo said, with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"He's 'in love' with me?" You asked.

Nico chimed in. "No, he isn't," he said, glancing at Leo.

"Can you just tell me who it is? Jason ran off and left me all confused."

"Nope, sorry mi amiga," Leo said.

The three of you arrived at the crowded Mess Hall. You parted ways with Nico and Leo to go sit at your assigned tables.

~~~~~

It's been two days since the boys started talking about your 'secret admirer,' and you were actually starting to forget about it in the first place, until Frank came up to you while you were working on your chariot for the race coming up.

"(Y/n)!" Frank called, running up to you from the distance.

You stood up from painting designs on the sides of the chariot and turned to Frank.

"Hey, Frank. Whatcha need?"

"Wanna hear some more about your secret admirer?" He sang while grinning.

You groaned. Your chariot partner, Alabaster from the Hecate cabin, stood up from tightening the wheels. He wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"(Y/n) has a secret admirer? Ew," Alabaster joked.

You hit him on the shoulder. "Rude."

Frank laughed at you two. "Anyway, do you wanna hear more about him or not?"

"Not really."

He looked disappointed. "Why not?"

"Because I'm pretty sure you guys are just messing with me. Just tell me who it is."

"Sorry, (Y/n). Can't tell you."

"Then go away, I need to finish working on our chariot," you said, shooing him away with your hands.

He laughed. "Okay. Later, (Y/n)."

~~~~~

You lay in the grass, leaning against a tree. About twenty yards away, you could see Zeus' Fist in the distance. You sighed and closed your eyes.

A few minutes later, you heard footsteps crunching against the grass and twigs. You snapped your eyes open and unsheathed your sword, ready to defend an attack. Instead of a monster, you found the one and only Nico di Angelo.

He stood in front of you, holding both his hands up as if to say, Woah, put the sword down.

You sheathed your sword and looked at him. He coughed. "What are you doing out here?" He asked.

You shrugged and sat back down against the tree. Nico sat down next to you. "Well, I mostly did it to get away from all the 'secret admirer' junk that the guys made up. They haven't stopped bugging me about it this week."

He seemed deep in thought. "You don't think you have one?"

"Well, I mean, not really. But if I do, he can just talk to me and we can hang out and stuff. Instead of sending Jason, Leo, and Frank to-. . . Actually, I don't even know what they're trying to do."

Nico chuckled. "Maybe he thinks that you won't feel the same way."

"He'll never find out unless he talks to me. And plus, I'd never do anything to embarrass him," you reasoned.

"Just give him a break, he's a shy guy," he said, fiddling with his skull ring.

"Wait, you know who it is, too?" You questioned.

He stayed silent.

"Nico," you warned.

He cleared his throat. "Um, maybe a little."

You brought out your bottom lip. "Nicooo," you pleaded, "Tell me who it is, pleeaasee?" You leaned in close to his face, trying to make eye contact with him. Meanwhile, he was finding anywhere else to look at but you.

He started panicking until he realized he could shadow-travel away.

And well, he did.

~~~~~

After a few more days of the boys bothering and giving you hints about the mystery guy, you finally figured out who he was.

You nervously approached him from behind.

"Hey, uh, Nico?" You tapped on his shoulder.

He turned around and greeted you. "Hi, (Y/n)."

"Hey, so um, I figured out who it is," you said, still a bit shaken up from the realization.

"What do you mea- oh."

His breathed hitched but he maintained his composure.

You nodded. "Yeah."

"So. . .how'd you figure it out?" He asked.

"I'm smart like that," you shrugged,"So now that I know, do you think he's gonna ask me out?"

"I don't know, if he did, would you say yes?" He asked, rocking back and forth on his heels, keeping his hands in his pocket.

"Maybe if he stops referring to himself in the third person."

A smile broke out on his face. "Will you go on a date with me, (Y/n)?"

"Wouldn't you rather make Jason or Frank or Leo ask me for you?" You smirked, giving him a hard time.

"Oh, shut up."

__________________

I use Alabaster in my one-shots a lot more than I should. It's getting unhealthy.

~THANK YOUUU FOR 5K+ READS <3 *VIRTUAL GROUP HUG* LOVE YOU GUYS~

-latersatyr