16: Amnesia

Street cred to _Potatosaurus_ for helping out a bit with some ideas I needed for this one-shot ;D Go follow her, because who doesn't love potatoes and dinosaurs? -latersatyr

~(Y/n)'s POV~

Six days.

It's been six days that Nico was unconscious.

Everyone around you can tell how emotionally unstable you've been the past few days.

You lay on the cot next to the one that Nico is on in the infirmary. You've been staying there ever since breakfast ended, and you also skipped lunch. Your friends and siblings have been equally as worried about you as they were about Nico.

Kayla, one of the healers from the Apollo cabin spoke up. "Hey, (Y/n). I know that you're worried, but we can't let you stay here any longer today, I'm sorry," she said apologetically.

You sighed and got up. "Okay. Thanks, Kayla, just one second."

You kneeled on the floor next to the bed where Nico's unconcious figure lay. You rested your head next to his hand and laced your fingers through his.

"See you tomorrow, Neeks," you said.

Just as you were about to get up and leave, you swear to the gods you felt him shift.

You snapped your head up to look at his face. His eyes slowly opened. You gasped, "Nico!"

Grabbing him in a hug, you whispered, "You're okay."

He tapped you on the shoulder, "What are you doing?"

You let go. "What do you mean?"

Nico looked confused. "What do you mean? Who are you?"

And those words ended up shattering your heart into pieces.

You looked at Kayla, who was checking his pulse and writing something down on her clipboard.

"He seems to have amnesia..." she trailed off.

"No dip, Sherlock! How do you fix him?" You asked desperately.

"We wait a week or two, but we need to keep an eye on him just in case anything is wrong with his head."

You looked back at Nico. "So you don't remember me?"

He shook his head.

~~~~~

It's been two days and the entire camp has heard about Nico's amnesia.

You were walking to breakfast that morning, and along the way, Nico approached you.

He greeted you nervously. "Hey, (Y/n). May I talk to you for a moment?"

You nodded hesitantly. "Sure."

"So, um, those guys over there," he pointed to Leo, Percy, and Jason, who were watching in the distance,"They told me to apologize for still not knowing you. They're really mad at me."

You forced a laugh, "It's okay, promise."

"Okay, good. But I really am sorry, I've trying the past two days to get my brain to remember. You look sad, smile for me?"

You smiled softly, "It's okay, really."

"Well, can I at least walk with you to breakfast?" He asked, rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Of course."

There was a silence for a while. "So what do you remember?" You blurted out.