33: First Date

"Hey, (Y/n)," Nico greeted, smiling warmly.

"Sup, Neeks. What's up? You look nervous. And sweaty."

He rocked back and forth on his heels, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "I-I heard you like laser tag? Wanna come with me? As in like, a date sort of thing...?"

I smiled at him, then my smile turned into a frown. "Wait a second, you're not gonna cheat, are you? Because shadow travel is a total unfair advantage," I said.

He smirked. "I can't promise anything," he joked.

I thought for a moment. "Sure, I'll go."

~~~

As soon as we stepped into the dark room filled with black lights, Nico vanished with shadow travel. Of course, I thought.

After I shot a few people with my laser, I ducked behind a pillar, wondering where Nico was.

I heard a noise somewhere to my left.

I stood, ready to shoot someone. (With my laser, of course.)

Suddenly I was ambushed. Someone pushed me against a wall.

I closed my eyes and braced myself for whatever was gonna happen.

I've always wondered what it was like to die in a laser tag-slash-arcade in a strip mall.

After nothing happened, I opened my eyes.

I found myself face-to-face with Nico, who still had me pinned.

He closed the small distance between us and kissed me.

Once he pulled away, he shot me with his laser, and disappeared into the shadows.