27: Forgive me

Hello, friends. Latersatyr here. I actually wrote most of this with NovaNovelty sooo creds to her for the help and stuff :)

You knocked at the door of Cabin 13.

No answer.

You frowned, knocked again, and waited.

Still no answer.

You slowly opened the door and peeked inside, revealing Nico, sitting on the floor of his cabin, playing (video game). Bags under his eyes showed how long he had been playing, which might have been all night.

"Uhh, Nico?"

No reply.

"Dude, seriously?"

Still no reply, he continued pressing at various buttons with his eyes glued to the screen.

You poked his cheek.

He barely glanced at you. "Shh," he hushed.

"Nicooooo."

Nothing, except for an annoyed eyeroll.

You pouted and gently shook his arm.

He slammed his controller down, "What the Hades do you want, (Y/n)?"

You cowered at his tone.

"Well? You interrupted my game for whatever stupid reason!" He grunted.

"So...today is stupid?" You asked in a quiet voice.

He rolled his eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"It's our anniversary. One year ago today you asked me to go out with you. And 'for whatever stupid reason' I said yes!"

His angry expression faltered.

"Oh man, (Y/n) I'm so sor-"

"Save it." You headed towards the door.

"Wait, (Y/n)!"

The sound of the door slamming echoed in his head.

He immediately dialed Jason's number on his monster-proof phone.

Jason picked up after two rings.

"Hey, Nico. Kinda busy right now-" a muffled yelp was heard in the background. Jason yelped also. "Leo! Your nose is on fire!" Jason went back on the line. "Sorry about that, we're playing an intense game of Just Dance and Leo is pretty competitive." Jason moved the phone away from his ear. "Leo, pause the game for a second."

"Anyway, what did you need?"

"Jason, I screwed up."

"Huh? Oh yeah, isn't you and (Y/n)'s anniversary? How'd it go, man?" Jason asked.

"Like I said, I screwed up."

Nico explained everything that happened.

"Yeah, you totally screwed up." Jason agreed.

"Not helping."

Jason sighed. "Dude, you ignored (her/him) for like, a month playing that game. Yes, a month. I should know, because you ignored me too," he sounded hurt. "And you forgot your anniversary, and you were a total jerk about it."

"Still not helping. But, you do have a point," Nico sighed, feeling even guiltier than earlier.

"Make it up to (her/him). Do something so sweet that (Y/n) can't possibly be mad at you anymore."

"You think that'll work?" Nico asked.

"How should I know? I never forget anniversaries," Jason said, a smirk growing on his face.

~~~~~

A knock was heard from outside your cabin. Your sibling(s) were not in there, since the campfire was going on right now.

You groaned and trudged to the door.

Swinging the door open, it revealed Nico, who had flowers in his left hand and a stuffed animal that was a blue turtle that sort of reminded you of Squirtle.

"What do you want, di Angelo?" You huffed, leaning on the doorframe with your arms crossed.

He winced at your tone, but handed you the two presents anyway. "I'm so sorry, (Y/n). Please, forgive me?"

You pushed the two presents back into his arms. "No, Nico."

He looked at you like a lost puppy. "But-"

"No."

"I-"

"No."

"(Y/n), I-"

"No."

"But just-"

"Nico! Just stop, okay?"

He stayed silent.

You stepped back inside the cabin, not meeting his eyes. "You should go."

He hung his head low as you shut the door.

"Jason, you can get out of the bushes now," Nico called out.

Jason sheepishly crawled out of his hiding spot and put his hand on Nico's shoulder.

"Brutal."

"No kidding," Nico agreed.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. We can always make a plan B."

"Maybe later, I need some time alone," Nico mumbled and headed off in the direction of the woods.

~~~~~

You sat on your bunk, pulling on some shoes. You had decided to go on a walk since you were bored from staying in your cabin for a few hours.

You grabbed a blanket and draped it over your shoulders.

You walked out the door, heading towards the woods.

While in the woods, you passed by a few dryads and satyrs, including Grover and Juniper (aka otp).

But once you got to Zeus' Fist, you saw Nico there. He fell asleep. Either that or he was dead. You weren't sure which one you were hoping to be correct.

He shivered, due to his short sleeves and the cool air of the evening.

You frowned and took the blanket you had draped around your shoulders and put it on him.

He shifted in his sleep as you sat next to him.

His eyelids half opened. "(Y/n)?"

His face lit up as he hugged you. "I'm so sorry, sunshine. I care about you so much."

You weakly smiled at him and hugged back.

He looked down at the blanket you put on him and then back at you.

"And it seems like you care very much about me too."