31: Back Home

Summer.

Summer equals Camp Half-Blood, and Camp Half-Blood equals getting to see Nico again.

Finally, after 10 months of mortal this, mortal that, mortal blah blah blah. Mortals are freaking boring. 10 months of pure torture.

I excitedly tapped Argus from the back seat of the van. One of his many eyes turned towards me.

"Hey, Argus," I smiled, "How long is the drive to Camp Half-Blood?"

He held up two fingers.

What it meant, I didn't know. Two minutes? Two hours? A peace sign? I didn't ask.

Rumors around camp said Argus even had eyes on his tongue and was pretty embarrassed about it.

I sat back into my seat and searched for things that I could maybe make an Iris Message out of.

Nothing.

After a while, the van came to a stop.

I sat up and gasped.

Camp Half-Blood.

Argus unlocked the door and I fumbled with the door handle.

I ran out out with my bags, calling out a quick 'thank you' to Argus behind me.

I ran through camp, shouting hi's and hey's to other campers.

I also may have tripped and fell on my face, startling a few dryads and satyrs...

But that's besides the point.

I got to my cabin, threw my bags onto my bunk, and headed to the Hades Cabin.

I swung the door open and jumped into Nico's arms.

"Muffin!"

"Duckling!" He chirped, burying his head into my shoulder.

He held me tight and picked me up and spun me around.

"I missed you so much," I said softly.

He hummed in response and kissed me on the cheek.

Nico looked at me admiringly as he bent down and whispered, "Welcome back, Sunshine."

______________

Sup, mi amigos.

You may have noticed from this oneshot that weirdly cute couple nicknames are my weakness.

Muffin, Duckling, Jigglypuff, Dark Lord of the Underworld. . . Wait what.

Anyway, peace out.

-latersatyr