25: Chasing After You (part two)

Previously, on "Chasing After You"...

"Okay, I'll just wait for my kiss then," Nico chirped, puckering his lips.

"You're gonna be waiting a long time, Neeks," You winked.

He sighed dreamily, watching as you walked away. "She's totally into me."

_________________________

"So (Y/n) just walked off?" Leo asked, moving his piece on the Monopoly gameboard.

Jason, Percy, Leo, Frank, and Nico were playing Monopoly in Percy's cabin.

They didn't like the game pieces that the game originally came with, so Leo made them all special ones.

Nico got a smiling skeleton, Percy received a tiny Squirtle, Leo made a very detailed tiny Festus, Jason got a tiny stapler (much to his disapproval), and Frank got a freaking awesome dragon.

"Yeah, but I'm trying to figure out a way to impress her. I haven't really tried the 'sensitive guy' approach," Nico replied to Leo.

Frank chimed in, "Well, you aren't exactly the sensitive type."

"Stop assuming things. I can be sensitive."

"Guys, look! I just found a white hair on me!" Jason freaked out, looking at a nearby mirror, which was placed right behind his spot on the floor.

"Congratulations, grandpa," Nico said.

Percy facepalmed. "Way to be sensitive."

"Okay, okay, I get it. What should I do? You guys are in relationships, give me some guidance here."

Leo grunted.

"Picnics never hurt. There's a 99-percent chance that nothing will go wrong," Percy suggested.

"Agreed. There's tons of perfect places for picnics in Camp Half Blood. Of course weather is guaranteed to be perfect, too," Jason smiled, pushing up his glasses.

"Hm, okay cool. Picnic it is."

~~~

"Hey, (Y/n)."

You looked up from your sketch book. "Oh, hey Frank," you smiled, "Whatcha need?"

"Chiron needs you at the lake. Something about setting up for Capture-the-Flag."

"Okay. Thanks, Frankie."

You walked towards the lake, passing by the strawberry fields, you smiled and waved at Katie Gardner. You passed by the armory and heard Tyson, who was visiting from Poseidon's underwater castle-thing, say 'hi' to you. You also passed by the volleyball court with a few of the kids from the Demeter Cabin and Apollo cabin playing an intense game.

Finally reaching the lake, you looked around for Chiron, but he wasn't there.

You heard a voice behind you, "Hey, (Y/n)."

Turning around, you saw Nico. He was dressed in nice black clothes, rather than the usual black skull t-shirt. He stood in front of a picnic blanket, covered with various Italian foods. Two plates sat across from each other on the blanket.

"Wow," you said in awe.

"You like it?" He asked hopefully.

"It's beautiful. Thank you, Nico," you smiled warmly. "But Frank said that Chiron-"

"All part of the plan. You told me that you had a boyfriend, so I knew you wouldn't exactly come if I asked you to."

You smiled and rolled your eyes. Sitting down, you heard Nico smile cheekily back.

As you both were eating, Nico started skipping rocks in the lake.

"Nico," you warned,"You're gonna anger the Naiads."

"Pfft, no way. They're totally harmless," Nico shrugged, tossing another rock into the water.

All of a sudden, a giant wave came crashing over you and Nico, dowsing you two and the picnic.

"Welp, I guess this is the part where I say I told you so."

"Aw man, I'm so sorry, (Y/n). I ruined everything."

"It's cool," you shrugged, "A little water never hurt anyone, right?" You said, wringing out your shirt.

Nico breathed out a sigh of relief. "Well, if it makes anything better, I made you a friendship bracelet."

Nico pulled out a handmade bracelet out of his pocket. You blushed, smiling at the small gesture.

"You know I'm not really a jewelry person..."

"You don't have to wear it if you don't want to," he assured.

"No, I'm wearing it forever. Back off."

_________________________

I wonder if Nico, Percy, and Jason ever made a band, they would name it The B3K. As in "The Big-Three Kids."

Michael Clifford's new hair makes me feel all happy inside *sighs dreamily*

-latersatyr