30: Up in the Bleachers

Sitting in the ampitheater's bleachers with Nico, I focused on the chariot race in front of me.

I leaned forward with my elbows rested on my knees. The rest of the campers that were not participating in the race this month cheered and clapped for their cabin members.

I chuckled softly as I saw Alabaster, son of Hecate, yell out a battle cry from his chariot, along with a "I AM A BEING OF PURE ENERGY WITH NO WEAKNESS MUAHAHAHA."

Alabaster then proceeded to let out a high-pitched scream once he saw that Greek fire was thrown into his chariot by the one and only Nyssa of the Hephaestus cabin.

Nico leaned back next to me, not paying much attention to the race.

I felt a light tugging on my hair and I looked back to see that Nico was playing with my hair. It wasn't normal playing at all, though. It was him holding two strands of my hair and shoving them at each other violently.

I wasn't sure if he was trying to braid my hair or imagining a light saber battle with the two strands.

When he noticed that I was watching him, he shyly stopped and dropped his hands to his lap.

"Sorry," he mumbled with a slight blush on his cheeks.

When I turned back to face the chariot race, I felt the same light tugging at my hair again. But I didn't mind.

I smiled to myself as he continued to be the cutest human being on earth.