44: A Perfect Miscommunication

"Amo i bignè con-What am I even saying?" You question, your tongue fumbling over the foreign Italian pronunciations. (I like cream puffs with-)

Nico just smirks as he bites into a strawberry he had just picked from the bush beside him.

"I can't tell you," he says, teasing you.

The two of you were in the Strawberry Fields at Camp Half Blood, just sitting around, eating strawberries, being somewhat healthy and stuff.

That was, until Nico decided it would be amusing to teach you some words in his native language.

You had no idea how hard it would be.

"Next one," he pressed on, much to your disapproval, "Il tuo accento italiano è esilarante orribile," he laughed. (Your Italian accent is hilariously horrible)

"Woah, there," you held your hands up in surrender. "You're gonna have to go a little slower, Mr. Italiano."

He rolled his eyes playfully and smiled at you. "Please? Just a few more, promessa." (promise)

Your face lit up. "Hey, I think I understood that one! You called me princess, right?"

"I think you're flattering yourself, (Y/n). I said 'promise,'" Nico smirked.

"Poo nugget."

"Come on, repeat after me," he said.

"Come on, repeat after me."

"That's not what I meant."

"Sei impossibile." (You're impossible)

"Sei impossibile...Hey I did it!" You exclaimed, celebrating.

"Sei impossibile insegnare troppo," Nico sighed with a small smile. (You're impossible to teach, too)

Your goofiness was something he secretly adored, though.

"Come on, I got one down! Teach me another one, por favor!" You exclaim, urging him to go on.

Nico chuckled. "First of all, that was Spanish. Second of all, Tutto apposto. Ascolta." As he says this, he gives a quick thumbs up and points to his ears, signifying he wants you to listen.(Alright, listen)

"Mi piace qualcuno." (I like someone)

"Mi piace qualcuno. Hm, that wasn't that hard, Neeks," you nudge your friend in the arm, giving him a smile.

He just blushes a little and continues on.

"E sono il mio migliore amico." (And they are my best friend)

You repeat after him, struggling on the last few parts, but completing it nonetheless.

"E sono il mio migliore amico. Hey that one sounded cool, what did it mean?" You asked.

Nico smiled,"Still can't tell you," he said, earning a soft punch on the shoulder.

"Hey, no hitting the insegnante!" He pretends to be hurt, puppy dog eyes and all. (Teacher)

You rolled your eyes playfully as he just laughs at your expression and continues.

"Mi fanno il più felice del mondo." (They make me the happiest in the world)

He kept going before you could repeat after him. "Essi sono la cosa migliore che sia mai successo a me," he said softly. (They are the best thing that has ever happened to me)

You repeated as best as you could, accidentally skipping some words without realizing.

"Ti amo," he whispered, putting all of his emotions into those small words. (I love you)

"Ti amo," you repeated, matching his tone, wondering why the sudden change in his voice.

He laced his fingers with yours and leaned in close. "I love you, too," he whispered in English, with his lips brushing against your ear.

____________________

Created/Collaborated by  -britishtrash :) Go check out their HoO imagines book because it's the bomb and they have also posted this imagine on their book :D AND she has tons more books waiting to be read by you, (Y/n)!

So yup.

-Latersatyr