14: Free Hugs

~(Y/n)'s POV~

You woke up with the sun glaring on your face.

Rise and shine! Yeah, not really, you thought.
Most of your cabin was already dressed and left for breakfast a few minutes ago.

It was the weekend, so there was no classes or training. Leo invited a bunch of friends, including you, to hang out at Bunker Nine since it'll be empty the entire day.

You sat up in bed, yawned and stood up, picking out your outfit for the day.

You picked out your "Free Hugs" pullover, jeans, and a pair of Converse.

You walked out your now empty cabin and set out for the Dining Pavilion.

~~~~~

After you made an offering to your godly parent in the fire, you sat down at your table with your sibling(s).

"Psst, (Y/n). Don't look now, but it looks like Nico is staring at you," (sibling name) nodded in the Hades table's direction. You waited a few seconds before you turned your head just in time to see Nico look at you, but then turn his attention back to his food after you made eye contact.

Your faced flushed in embarrassment. But you couldn't help but smile slightly at the thought of Nico looking at you.

Occasionally, the two of you had exchanged some hi's or hey's. But other than that, you two have never spoken to each other.

-Last week-

Shoving your hands into your pockets, you made your way towards the lake. You noticed Nico di Angelo walking the same path as you, but going the opposite direction.

He passed by you and you gave a short nod to him, saying, "Hi."

He glanced your way and said, "Hey." And you both continued your journey to separate places in camp.

-Four days ago-

You went to go give an offering to your godly parent during dinner, the fire dancing in the dark of the evening. In line next to you, holding his plate, was Nico di Angelo yet again.

He saw you notice him, so he smiled softly and said a short, "Hi."

You smiled back and said, "Hey."

-Yesterday-

Walking out of the arena after sword fighting class taught by Percy, you went towards the cabins to go change your sweat-infused orange camp t-shirt.

Nico was walking out of Cabin 13 just as you entered the commons area.

He waved from the distance. "Hey, (Y/n)."

"Hi, Nico," you smiled.

-Back to the present-

You shook your head out of the thought of the past few encounters you had with Nico. That was all that ever happened between you two. Nothing more, nothing less.

Finishing up breakfast, you set off for Bunker Nine for the whole hangout thing that Leo planned.

Wondering who was going to be there, you picked up the pace and plunged into the woods.

~~~~~

Arriving at Bunker Nine, you pressed the doorbell that Nyssa installed for non-fire using people. The stone door opened up and you walked inside.

Annabeth, Percy, Frank, Hazel, Jason, Piper, Leo, and Nico were there. Apparently you were the last one to show up.

Before you could even greet everyone, Leo flung himself at you, wrapping his arms around your torso. The force knocked you down onto the floor.

You laughed, still in his arms, and tilted your head to look at him. "Um, what are you doing?" You asked. He simply anwered with, "Your shirt." You looked down at your pullover that said 'Free Hugs.'

You nodded, making an 'ohhh' sound.

He let go, and before you could even recover from Leo's tackle, you were lifted up into the air and swung around like a ragdoll.

Percy, the 6-foot giant, was swinging you around like he was Darla from Finding Nemo, the little red-head with braces, who kept shaking the bag with Nemo in it, almost killing him. And well, unfortunately, you were Nemo.

You clung to him, not wanted to be flung across the room if he accidentally lost his grip. "Di Immortales, Percy! Put me down!" You shouted.

After he laughed and set you back down, you let out a sigh of relief.

Right after that, though, Jason yanked you into his arms and gave you a gruesomely tight hug. Trying to squirm out of it was futile. So naturally, you drew your hand back and punched him in the gut.

"Ow," he chuckled and walked away.

Frank decided to join in, much to your disapproval. He wrapped his arms around you and lifted you up into the air like Percy had, but didn't swing you around.

"You're so light," he said. "No, you're just ripped," you replied. After a few moments, Frank finally set you down.

You thought the boys were finally done physically assaulting you, but the world just loves proving you wrong.

And yet another pair of arms wrapped around you from behind, you groaned.

But this one was different. It was more gentle, and warm.

You turned in their arms to face them and saw it was Nico.

You blushed, but felt yourself hugging back.

He pulled away a bit, but still held onto you. "Hi," he said, breathlessly.

You smiled, "Hey."

___________________________________________________

Eh, not my best work. -latersatyr