29: Silent Treatment

A million thoughts buzzed through your head. Mostly of your boyfriend Nico di Angelo.

You loved the warmth he radiates whenever he hugs you.

You loved how his smiles always seemed to be directed towards you.

You admired how he always looked deep into your eyes whenever he spoke to you.

Everything about him just made you all smiley.

He was pretty much the type of guy who would hold open automatic doors for someone. Clueless, yet still very sweet.

You sliced at another training dummy during sword practice. After you had demolished a few more dummies, you sheathed the sword and walked out the training arena.

You smiled as you spotted Nico across the clearing, heading towards the cabins. Picking up the pace to a jog, you headed to catch up to Nico.

You tapped him on the shoulder from behind.

He turned to you and smiled. "Duckling!"

You pouted teasingly. "You know I hate that nickname."

"And you know that I hate the nickname Muffin."

"C'mon, Muffin, you know you love it."

"If I did, I would never admit it. Leo would be all over that," Nico laughed.

You chuckled as well.

"Anyway, wanna try canoeing with me over at the lake? We could reenact that cute scene in Camp Rock when they end up spinning in circles the whole time," You fantasized.

"Sounds fun, but I can't," Nico said awkwardly, rocking back and forth on his heels.

"Aw, why not?" You asked, a  bit disappointed.

"An Aphrodite kid asked me to help them with their sword-fighting. Kinda have to, ya know?"

Your mouth hung open. "Please tell me it's not one of the stuck-up ones," you groaned.

"Sorry, (Y/n)," he apologized.

You frowned at him, not saying anything.

"(Y/n)?"

You turned and walked away from him, heading towards the woods.

You weren't really one to get upset over something like this, but Nico was being so thick headed that he didn't realize that the Aphrodite kid probably just wanted to get a chance to flirt with him. Like they actually cared about sword-fighting. Not that they were all like that. A few of the Aphrodite kids were actually pretty cool.

But the fact that he actually bailed on you to be with one of the stuck-up ones, made you pretty irritated.

As you walked through the camp's forest, you spotted Rachel's cave.

It was a relatively large cave, and had a purple curtain covering the entrance.

You slightly pushed the curtain to the side as you walked in. "'Sup, Rachel."

She turned from her painting and grinned at you. "Hey! Haven't seen you in a while. What brings you here? Please tell me it's not another quest. If it is, I might actually stab myself."

You laughed. "Nope, thankfully. Just came to ask if I could hide out here for a while. I am attempting to give my boyfriend the silent treatment."

"Ah, I see. Well, you came to the right place," she gestured to the various arrangement of blank canvases, paint bottles, and flat screen t.v.'s "There's tons to do here. All of the electronics are monster-proof of course. And I made a deal with Chiron to make this place have the strongest wifi for everyone's monster-proof phones," she stated proudly.

You awed. "I have found my home."

~~~~

After a couple hours, you realized the battery on your monster-proof phone was almost completely drained out.

"Holy Hephaestus. Rachel, do you have a charger I could borrow?"

She put down her paintbrush and checked around the cave.

"Yikes. I can't find it. Sorry, (Y/n)."

"It's okay, I'll just go to my cabin and use mine. Nice hanging out with you, Rachel!" You called, already halfway out of the cave.

"You too! Come back soon!"

You jogged back towards the main parts of camp.

Just as you reached the (G/p) cabin, you heard your name being called.

You turned around with your hand on the doorknob, only to be met with Nico running up to you.

He smiled warmly at you. "Hey, Duckling. What's up?"

You rolled your eyes and walked into your cabin.

He followed after you. "Hey, is this about earlier?" He asked, concerned.

You ignored him as you shuffled through your stuff, searching for your charger.

He looked at what you were doing and glanced around the cabin, and his eyes fixed on a long, white cord sitting on the side table next to your bed.

He picked it up and turned to you. Your back was facing him. "Looking for this?"

Your head snapped up. You walked up to him silently and reached to grab it. He moved it quickly out of your reach, and ran out of the cabin with it.

"I'm not giving it back until you talk to me," Nico called out to you from outside the cabin.

You cursed and flopped onto your bed. This silent treatment was about to get a million times harder.

~~~~

After 24 more hours of your phone being dead entirely, you trudged to the Cabin 13.

You knocked on the door grudgingly.

Nico creaked open the door to peak out and see who it was. He smirked once he saw it was you.

Nico gestured for you to come in. You obliged, and he closed the door behind you.

You crossed your arms and mumbled a quick, "Can I have my charger."

He grinned and opened a drawer in his desk and pulled out your charger.

"Reach for it," He said, holding it above his head.

After a full minute of you stretching your arms up and standing on his toes, he leaned over and kissed you softly on your forehead.

And you couldn't help but smile.

He leaned down to kiss you again, this time on your lips.

As he almost touched your lips, you swiftly snatched your charger out of his hands.

"I win."

________________

DOODS THIS IS THE 30TH ONESHOT I HAVE CREATED. WORSHIP ME.

I wonder how many of you doods would follow me if I gave ya my instagram.

-latersatyr