21: Charmspeak (part two)

Previously, on "Charmspeak"...

"Guys, isn't it obvious? That wasn't (Y/n) at all," Piper said.

"What do you mean?" Frank asked.

"Joey is a son of Aphrodite."

"Yeah, so?" Percy said.

Piper facepalmed. "Joey used charmspeak on (Y/n)."

_________________________

Everyone in the cabin was silent. Nico slowly rose from his bed and put his shoes on.

"Nico," Hazel warned,"Where are you going?"

"To go kill someone," he left the cabin without another word.

~~~~~

~Nico's pov~

I found (Y/n) and Joey at the campfire, sitting together. I decided to spare Joey's life for now and talk to (Y/n).

Through the loud singing, I tapped (Y/n)'s shoulder. "(Y/n), can I talk to you for a second?"

She looked at me, and then glanced at Joey, who's attention was toward Mitchell from the Aphrodite cabin. Joey was turned away from her, so she nodded at me and stood up.

I led her outside of the ampitheater, where you could still hear the singing campers in the distance.

"(Y/n), I know you don't love Joey," I said.

She hesitated for a moment, confused. "...Yes I do?" She tried to assure herself more than me.

"No, Joey charmspoke you. Wait is the past tense 'charmspeaked' or 'charmspoke'?" I wondered aloud.

"Wait, that's not important," I said. "We need to get you away from Joey righ-"

"What was that, di Angelo?" Joey said from behind me. He walked past me and put an arm around (Y/n).

I rolled my eyes. "I know what you did. And I will shove my foot so far up your butthole that you'll be able to tell what color my socks are," I threatened.

"You see, the problem with that is, (Y/n) is completely oblivious right now, right (Y/n)?" Her eyes flashed pink and she nodded. "So she'll think that her best friend beat her boyfriend for no reason. And then," he smirked, "Nico di Angelo will be Nico di Bye-bye."

"Ew, you suck at wordplay, stop trying," I scoffed, Even Alabaster is better at wordplay than him.

"Whatever."

"(Y/n), please, you don't love him," I begged.

Her pink eyes faded for a moment. "I-"

"Yes, you do," Joey commanded.

A pained expression was on her face, which really hurt for me to see.

"Come on, (Y/n). The campfire ended a few minutes ago. I'll walk you to your cabin," Joey said with fake niceness. He led her past me and bumped me in the shoulder in the process.

I went back to my cabin in defeat.

When I stepped into my cabin, Piper, Hazel, Percy, and everyone else was already gone.

I plopped down onto my bed and went into a restless sleep.

~~~~~

"So he charmspoke her right in front of you?" Piper asked.

"Yeah," I sighed. The Seven and I were sitting in my cabin, scheming how to get rid of Joey with no evidence...well not really, but I wish we were.

"What do we do now?" Hazel asked.

"We think of a plan," Annabeth said, deep in thought.

"Nico could kiss her," Percy shrugged.

"And how will that make her get out of Joey's charmspeak?" Annabeth asked.

"'Cause she likes Nico?" Percy said like it was obvious.

"She does?" I asked.

"Yeah, she told me like last month."

Piper's eyes bulged out. "Why didn't you say anything!? That could've helped us a long time ago!"

"Nobody asked me," he replied.

"So if I kiss her or something, she'll get back to normal?" Nico asked with an excited grin.

"Wait, can I kiss her?" Leo said with sudden interest.

"No, she don't want you," Percy said.

Leo stuck his tongue out at him.

~~~~~

I cornered (Y/n) at the training arena. She was putting on some armor, when I spun her around. I wrapped my arms around her so that she couldn't move.

"What are you- mphh!"

I kissed her, if that wasn't obvious. She tried to push me off, but she slowly got comfortable.

I pulled away, and saw that the pink in her eyes were gone.

"Did...did you just," she grinned.

"I think I did," I smiled back.

She laughed, "Percy told you?"

I chuckled, "Yeah, he told everyone, actually."

The gleam in her eyes brightened. "I would kill him, but that kiss was pretty amazing."

"How about we kill Joey instead?" I suggested.

She laughed, "I don't think we'll need to," she pointed towards the climbing wall.

I could see a small figure running in the distance from four other figures. One chasing him with their hands on fire, one with a blob of water above him, one flying with a storm hovering over him, and a bear.

(Y/n) and I made a mental note to thank Leo, Percy, Jason, and Frank later.

Oh, the perks of being a demigod.

_________________________

Alabaster x reader coming soon to a oneshot near you...

-latersatyr