What Did I Get Myself Into?

Chapter 11: What Did I Get Myself Into?

Josh P.O.V

I stared at the him, his gray eyes stared at me. I looked down at his hands and saw two suitcases.

"What do you want?" I asked in a stern voice.

"What? I can't come to see my daughter and..." His eyes scanned the house behind me, "and son?"

"She's asleep," He sighed. "and I'm not your son."

"Josh-"

"Mr. Webster, with all due respect, leave." He looked at me wide-eyed.

"Josh, this is my house."

"No, it's my father's. He pays for everything," I said.

"So you're not going to let me in?" He asked.

"No...Mr. Webster."

"Why not?"

"While I was growing up, you were always around. I watched as you made breakfast every morning for Clary, watched as you came home every day with a surprise for us. You loved her so much and you always showed it, but the day it seemed Clary and I could take care of ourselves, you left.

Now I watch Clary every day...and she tries not to show it but she misses you. It hurts her that you're gone all the time. And the last time when you left, do you know what she did?" Mr. Webster was silent, so I went on. "She locked herself in her room for one week. I had to break down the door to get her out! Mr. Webster I will not watch you come into Clary's life again and then when she gets her hopes up high that you'll stay, you leave again. Not anymore, so goodbye." I closed the door in his face.

Clary

I heard a ring, a doorbell ring. My eyes shot open. At first I was freaking out because I didn't remember what happened, and how I got in my bed.

Then it hit me. The beach and...Josh.

OMG, I feel asleep.

Great!

He must have brought me home and put me in bed.

I heard Josh elevate his voice a little from down stairs. Maybe something was wrong. I got up and ran down the stairs.

When I got to the bottom, Josh was walking to the couch.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Someone that made a wrong turn and wanted directions." He wasn't looking at me, which was a sign he was lying.

"Why are you lying to me?" I asked.

"I'm not," He sat down and flipped through the channels.

I stared at him. his short blond hair was a little messy, which made me smile.

Damn, he's so cute.

I'm glad he wasn't my brother.

Wait…what was he then?

No, Clary, no.

He seemed glued to the television, which is almost rare for Josh…to watch T.V. that is. There were only two reasons why he watched it.

1. Football game.

2. He wants to take his mind off of things.

"Are you going to stand there at the bottom of the staircase and stare at me, or are you going to come over here and watch Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring with me?" He asked. I almost ran towards the T.V.