Break Up

Chapter 32

Clary P.O.V

I was confused, usually my pillow didn't move up and down. When I opened my eyes, I saw nothing, just darkness. Upon lifting my head I realized I was laying on a bare chest. My eyes looked at who it was.

Omg, Josh!

What the hell happened?

Shit I didn't remember. I got up, but then felt nothing but cold air; I looked down, no clothes.

I found my shoes under the bed and shirt on one side of the room, pants on the other.

What a freaking mess.

I got dressed as fast as I could, not once looking at the sleeping Josh. Before leaving his room. I did check to make sure he was still asleep. He was. I even glanced at the alarm clock on the side of his bed, it was 11:15. I ran out the room and down the stairs, but when I finally found the front door to leave his mansion; I started to feel bad for leaving without a word.

"Would like some breakfast, Miss?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned around and saw a man, about my age, with short sandy blond hair and one of the darkest brown set of eyes I'd ever seen. He wore a gray shirt and dark jeans.

"Hmm, no..." I was wondering what his name was.

"My name is Cole." He said almost like he was reading my mind. I smiled and he returned the gesture with an equally big smile.

"So how do you know Josh?" I asked.

"I am one of his coaches."

"Coaches? What does he need a coach for?" I asked.

"So why are you leaving so soon?" He asked, clearly avoiding my question. "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, or so I have been told."

"No, thanks, do you think I can I leave a message for Josh?"

"Most certainly." He stood there for a second. We were engulfed in silence. I was expecting him to go in another room and go get some paper and a pen. But he just stood there, "You can just tell me and I will relay your message to him."

"I think I need to write it…It will come out…better," I said. He nodded and finally walked out of the room and into a door. I stood there, thinking…

What I was going to write Josh?

It needed to be short, sweet and simple.

But what I had in my mind was not so nice.

I felt like what I did was a mistake, how could I?

I don't even love him.

Yet it seemed I was with the people I didn't love, like Owen…

It'd taken me 5 years and seeing Josh to realize…I like Owen, but only as a friend.

I stood there for what a really long time, just thinking. I looked around the hallway I was in, and saw a clock, it was ten after noon.

What was taking Cole so long?

I started to walk in the direction I saw him go, but before I reached the door, Cole came out.

"Here you go." Cole said handing me the paper and pen. I grabbed it with a smile, but Cole seemed different from the last time I talked to him, almost like he was nervous, or on edge. I shook it off and looked at the blank white paper in my hand.

What was I going to write?

Then without thinking I wrote how I felt, whether it was the right thing to do or not.