You Lied!

Chapter 43

I turned and saw Owen.

"Owen, what are you doing here?" I said, he looked at me up and down.

"I'm here to talk to you. I was hoping I could catch you without that Josh guy around, I guess I'm just that lucky." He stated walking towards me. I was taken back.

What in the world was he doing here?

"How did you know I was here?"

"It wasn't hard to find out...Clary I'm here to tell you something you need to know."

"Tell me something? What is it?"

"Josh has lied to you. He said you're were not a scandal to him with you being pregnant and not married to him, when the truth is he founds it more of scandal to let you live your own life without him involved in his kids life. I mean what would look better for his reputation, living and helping out the girl he knocked up or letting the girl he knocked up live her own life and not pay attention to her? He's playing you Clary; all he cares about is what people think about him. He wants you around so it looks like he's taking care of you."

"You're lying." I said with tears rolling down my face. Images of this past month popped in my head. It can't be all a lie. Owen pulled out a recorder and pressed play.

"I knocked her up," I could tell it was Josh's voice on the recorder. "and now I have to find a way to get her over here so it won't look like I left Clary on the side of the road and pregnant, because that would look bad for my reputation...Hey-" He shut off the recorder real quick.

"He never wanted you." I was sobbing by now. I didn't notice Owen was gone until Josh came out of the house.

"Hey baby, what's wrong?" Josh asked reaching out to my arm.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled.

"Clary-"

"Is it true?" I asked over and over again.

"What do you mean is what true?"

"Is it true?"

"Clary calm down, and tell me what's wrong."

"Is everything okay out here?" Karena asked coming outside.

"Can you take me home?" I asked her, she nodded.

"Clary, what's wrong? Why are you leaving?" Josh pleaded; I gave him no reply and walked over to Karena's car, she followed.

"Clary, why did you want to leave Josh's house?" Karena asked as we pulled into my apartment parking lot.

"I saw Owen or more like he came up to me on Josh's porch."

"What did he say? Wait, are you back with Owen? I thought you were with Josh...-"

"Karena, the reason I am with Josh was a lie, and Owen told me the truth."

"What's the truth?" Karena lifted an eyebrow at me.

I told her all that Owen told me and that he had Josh's voice even admitting it. Karena sighed and shook her head.

"I'm so sorry Clary." She gave me the best hug she could while we were still in the car.

"It's not your fault, Josh is the lying bastard." I got out of the car and walked to my apartment. I froze when I saw Josh's mom at my door step.

"Hello, Clary." She said.

"Mrs. Vinak." I stated.

"I'm here to tell you I'm sorry for all the things I've said to you and I'm sorry for blackmail you...And I am happy your with Josh, I think he can make a difference in the company, plus when I talked to him earlier he seemed so happy-"

"Mrs. Vinak, I am not with Josh anymore."

"What? Why?" She seemed shocked.

"He lied to me; he only wanted me there so it would look good on his reputation."

"Clary that's not true, he loves you."

"No he doesn't."

"How do you know?"

"Because when you love someone you treat them with respect, you would and will bend over backwards for them. When you love someone, you trust them, he trusts and loves you. If that was why he wanted you at his house he would have told you. I might not have raised Josh, but I can tell you he speaks his mind, even if later he wants to bite his tongue." I smiled remembering the time he locked me out of the house for egging his car, he tried to make a bet with me to end his relationship with Sarah for him. Then he told me later he was sorry. He does seem to speak his mind.

"He would have told me…" I ended up saying aloud.

"Yes, he would have, but he didn't because he has already told you why you're at his house."

"Because I love you," I turned and saw Josh.

"But Owen had you on recorder, you said-"

"He walked into my office one day and asked he to read a sheet. I was confused and started reading it out loud. It wasn't the truth."

"But-"

"I'm not lying to you Clary." I looked at him and stared into his eyes.

I was at this point confused. Should I believe him? I so wanted to, I was just confused on whether I should or not…

Please review!

Thank you Kyeire for editing!

Please Review!

OH AND A REMINDER, I have two stories that I know if you like this you will like them too, on is You're Mine and the other one is Seven Mistakes, please read them and enjoy!

Kyeire: Lalala…oh! Hey guys! Just passing through. I just finished editing this chapter, and moving on to the next. Just wanted to tell ya guys to review! :P