Being Together

Chapter 41

Josh and I walked hand in hand down the hallways of the hospital leading to Bethany's room. When we finally reached the room, the whole gang, minus Bethany of course, was walking out of the room.

Chase turned to me and smiled when he saw me, but as his gaze caught Josh, and then our hands linked together, he glared. I stopped walking along with Josh. As I studied Chase from a few feet away, I could see one thing for clear, he was hurt, and pain lay across his face.

I was about to walk over to him and ask if something was wrong, because I was worried something might've gone wrong with Bethany or the baby, but I could not get to him because Karena popped out of nowhere, and Chase stalked off. I eased up on the feeling something was wrong when I looked at Karena. She was smiling.

Chase must be the one upset. I wonder why.

Then I thought about the airplane and the so called dream I had about what Chase said. What if it was real…No, it can't be…right?

"I am so happy for you two!" Karena said reaching over and hugging me. I let go of Josh's hand and hugged her back. We finally let go and Josh resumed his hand in mine.

"So, Karena how is the newborn baby?" I asked, trying to peep into Bethany's room, but Karena once again stopped me from moving by standing in front of me.

"They say it's in perfect health." Karena said.

"That's great."

"Bethany and Tybalt asked if everyone can stay out of the room right now. Bethany needs her rest."

"I understand. I haven't given birth yet and I'm already tired." I mentioned, realizing that is why she stopped me from going inside.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Josh butted in. I glanced at him and nodded.

"Well, I'll let you get going; I'm going to head over to the cafeteria to get something to eat." Karena said, putting her hands in her pocket.

"Okay, see you later." I said.

"Bye, call me." She gave me on last hug and walked down the hall.

"Ready?" Josh asked me.

"Yeah, but can we grab something to eat, Karena talking about food makes me hungry." I admitted. Josh half laughed, half smiled.

"Yeah sue thing, Hun."

We walked out of the hospital and went to Josh's car. I was glad I came to the hospital in Chase's car. That way I wouldn't have to separate and follow Josh with my car. I do wonder where Chase went though. Maybe he was in the parking lot. I scanned the lot, and couldn't see him, I finally looked over to where his car was parked, but it was gone. He must have left, I hope he was okay…

"What are you looking at?" Josh asked following my gaze to the empty parking spot.

"Ummm, nothing." I said looking back at him and smiling. He took my lie and nodded with a dazzling smile.

We reached his Blue 1969 Nova. Damn his car was sexy! I'm not a car person, but I love me a Nova! I'm serious, it's my dream car.

"Like it? I got it as an early birthday present." Josh said.

"Your birthday's not for another 4 months."

"I know." He said opening the passenger's door for me.

"Thank you." I said to him as I was about to get in, but before I could get in he grabbed my hand. I looked up at him. His blue eyes were practically twinkling. He leaned in, and then, in one shocking move, he placed the hand that he wasn't holding my arm on my belly. He looked down at what I liked to call the mountain on my belly and then looked up at me. "It's a mountain." I stated.