Meeting Willow

Chapter 16: Willow

Chapter 16: Willow

"My name is Fred Pasley." He stuck out his hand, at first I was going to walk off because this guy was creeping me out...but he seemed to know my mom. I mean how else would he have known her name?

"Clary Webster." I took his hand and he shook it lightly before letting go.

"So you're Clary, In the times I've talked to your mom, she talked nonstop about you."

"Ummm, and how do you know her?" I asked, with the best questioning look I could give.

"I'm her lawyer."

"Oh, and what are you doing here?"

"A client of mine has passed away and I was here to give the family his will."

"Oh." I said.

"How is your mom?" He asked looking over at the door that was closed, but if you listened you could hear the doctors and nurse yelling at each other for things they need.

"She...I think she's getting worse. Even though I have only been here for 2 hours, I can tell...she...-"

"I know, she dying, and when she does call me, I have her will already. But it's not a shocker to who everything is going to." He said. I stared at this man.

Right when I was going to go off on him for talking about my mom's will when she still alive, a nurse came out of the room.

She looked tired and worn out. Her black hair was in a mess bun and she huffed as she walked over to me.

"Hi, I was sent here to tell you that your mom is in a stable state. Dr. Hallow will be out to see you soon, to confirm that you can come in." With that she walked away. Then one after the other, nurses and a few doctors came out of her room. I looked to my side and saw that Fred was gone.

Good, he was a bastard for trying to talk to me about her will...

A minute or two later and tall honey blond-haired woman walked out of my mom's room. She straightened her white coat and proceeded to walk over to me.

"Hello, I'm sorry about kicking you out like that."

"Oh no, it's fine." The doctor looked down and then looked up.

"Are you Clary?" I nodded. "Where is your dad?"

"He-he's on a business trip and I have no way of reaching him."

"Oh...Your mom has been in and out of here. The whole hospital staff and I consider her part of our family. I remember one night I was leaving and your mom asked me to stay, and I said yes.

We stayed up all night talking. I didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning..."

"Is...Is sh-she okay?"

"Clary, she's on life support and...and as much as we would like to help her, we can't. The day after tomorrow...we...we will pull her off." I felt a knot in my throat. "I am sorry."

"I'll be back." I walked off toward the endless halls.

She was basically dead.

We never got to talk. I...I barely know her and yet if someone asked would you die to save her, I would.

I love her.

I heard a girl cry. I looked ahead and saw Willow sitting on the floor of the hall with her back against a wall. I ran to her, she looked at me with puffy eyes and mascara running down her face.

"Hey." I said. She sucked up her tears and patted for me to sit down next to her.

"H-He's dead." her head hit my shoulder and she cried and cried. After a while she stopped and looked at me.

"How is your mom?"

"She's basically dead, they put her on life support..."

"I'm so sorry, I know this might be a personal question, but why aren't you crying?"

"I will, I am done with crying in public. I normally don't do that. I like to cry alone."

"That's sad."

"Well growing up with a brother that makes fun of you at every weakness you show doesn't help either...Have you meet your brother yet?"

"Yeah, he showed up here soon after I left you. He is so mean and yet I feel bad for him."

"Why is that?"

"He has come out of a relationship of someone breaking his heart, and I think he's taken it the wrong way."

"What do you mean by that."

"Well, my family is very rich, and he never grew up knowing the family business, due to him growing up in Memphis. So when we found out dad died, mom sent him a guide or coach and he helping him learn the business, plus he will have other trainers, but his coach is the main guy by his side...but anyways his coach has told me that he fell in love with this girl named-"

"Willow! Get off that dirty floor and come help me pack up." Willow rolled her eyes and got up. "Did you just roll your eyes? How dare you! get in there and help-, and one more roll of those eye and you will be punished. You remember Missy you are only 16 not 18."

"Yes mother."

"Who is this?" Her mom asked looking at me.

"This is...-"

"I really don't care, you know not to hang out with people that are lower than you." Her mom said looking at Willow with a stern look.

Man is she mean or what?

"But mom-"

"No buts. Now go before I really get mad." The look on her face added, "And you don't want to see me angry."

"Yes ma'am." Willow followed behind her mom down the hall. Before Willow turned the corner she looked at me apologetic. I nodded as if to say it was okay. She smiled.

"NOW WILLOW!" She took off.

I sat there and then I let myself think, and of course Josh was the first thing that came to mind.

Yeah, I was thinking about him now, but as soon as I get a job and back in school, there'll be no time to think of him.

Why torture yourself like that when you love him?

"I am NOT in love!" I ended up yelling out loud.

Please review if you like this, I really want to know what y'all think!

Kyeire I am once again speechless, thank you so much and I can't explain how much you help me...Thanks!