Babies

Chapter 40

When I opened my eyes, I knew I was in heaven...Due to so many bright lights.

"She's awake!" I heard a male say. I turned my sore neck to the person who spoke, and saw Chase.

Wait… Heaven?

Chase?

I started to notice where I really was, and it even though it hurt to move, I picked my head up and then it hit me. A hospital. I was in a hospital. The smell of old people and death surrounded me. At this moment I wished I was dead.

"How are you feeling Clary?" Chase asked coming to my side.

"The-the babies." Was all I could manage to say.

"They're fine Clary, the doctors doubled checked, and they babies are in tippy-top shape. They also say you're lucky," Chase moved the hair from my face. "Get some rest Clary, you need it." He had spoken to late. My eyes were already closed.

3 days later:

I sat up in the hospital bed, ready to go. I was so sick of all the pity. The whole gang visited and went on and on about how they were sorry about the wreck but they're glad the babies and I were okay. Josh had tried asking Chase how I was, but I told them not to say a word to him, and so they say they didn't.

"I'm going to park the car in the front and I will be right back to get you...okay?" Chase asked. I nodded, He was so helpful the past couple of day, and he never left my side. I watched him walk out the room and take a right. I kept my eyes on the doorway that led to the hall. That's when I saw a man walk in the same direction Chase went. The man looked so familiar, and sure enough I recognized the man: Cole. The one that Josh's mom set up to go off on me, or so she says she did. I wanted to know for sure, so I got up and followed him. He ended up walking into a room. I stopped when I realized it was Josh's room.

I was a nosy person, if you don't know and me and my big nose had to sniff out what was happening between Cole and Josh. So I leaned on the wall outside the door.

"Did you talk to Clary's doctor?" Josh asked.

"Yes. She and the babies are fine." Cole said.

"Thanks man."

"No problem, even though you called me up here to check on her, I'm also here to deliver some news." Cole said.

"What is it?"

"I'm not who you think I am...I'm a detective, sent to spy on your mom. My boss had reason to believe she was in the black market business and scamming people out of millions, possibly even billions. And she was. I had a private meeting with your mother this morning. We have agreed on a simple arrangement. She will resign and put you as leader of the company-"

"You've got to be kidding me!" Josh said.

"No, I'm serious. There are some other agreements to this whole ordeal, but it will be worked out in due time. There are a couple of things I need to walk through with you. One: you need to straighten up. When you lead this company, it will be a clean company, if you know what I mean; no black market, scamming people, et cetera. I also want you to be a nice well-put person; a role model so to say. We want you to stay out of the newspapers and magazines, and no scandals. That means no parties, no one night stands or anything of the sort. Got that?" Cole said.

"Yeah…I-I'm just in shock…Are you really serious? Am I really the leader of Vinak International now?"

"Yep, it's true, get used to it. A limo will be picking you up tomorrow morning-"