Beginning of the End

Chapter 37

I gave one last look at Josh's blue eyes. I felt like it would be the last time I would see them...and then I took off. I ran for a door that was open. I ran like hounds from hell were after me.

"Clary!" It was not the voice I thought it would be. I glanced over my shoulder not stopping, it was Karena. I gave her a look that basically said "back-off!". She stopped running after me and let me go where I needed to go.

When I found my way out of the building I kept on running, down the street, down alleys, and finally to my apartment. As I reached my door, my heart was racing and my mind was running 90 to nothing. I pulled out my keys,

"The deal is off." I turned around and there was Josh's mom, the witch.

"What do you mean the deal is off? I kept my side-"

"NO! You told him, and don't you think you can lie to me...I know things. He went into the stadium, the same stadium I saw you walk in moments before then...You told him and for that your baby will be mine."

"I swear I did not tell him." Tears were forming in my eyes. I was in no way lying.

"I beg to differ."

"So the deal is off." I said, still hoping for any chance of keeping my child.

"As far as I know, you snitched and that eliminates the deal." She said with a wicked smile. Damn, she was evil...But then it hit me..

"Okay, I'm glad it over, because I plan on selling the diner to one of those companies that have been begging for it, and who is to say they can't offer me...protection, seeing as they have as many connections and money as you do." Her eyes went wide, and she was speechless. "And one day you will realize

that I did not tell Josh, but by then it will be too late. You'll be rotting in hell." I opened my door, and before I could walk in, she grabbed my arm.

"The deal is back on and I'll hold it to you that you haven't told Josh. But if you haven't I guessed, I will have no worries after tomorrow morning." The woman started to walk off.

"Wait! What do you mean you won't have any worries after tomorrow morning?" I asked. She gave me a grin of happiness.

"That's for me to know, and for you...to never find out. I still expect the deed in my office by morning." Then she walked off, leaving me there wondering what in the world was she up too, and what it had to do with Josh.

I looked at the deed. My signature lay on the dotted line. I was pissed. Tears came down my face like someone had let out the water works. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jumped but smiled when I looked up and saw it was Karena.

"Hey, Clary." She said.

"How did you get in?" I asked.

"I never returned the spare key from when I came to live here for a week last year."

"Oh," I looked at the clock on the stove. "What in the world are you doing here at 6 in the morning?"

"I'm not the only one." Karena said, I was about to question her when I heard loud noises coming from the hall. Then entered the whole gang, which if you don't know is Georgie, Chase, Bethany, Tybalt and Chase.

But then I saw a 6th person come in. It was a male that I knew as Derick, Tybalt's nephew. I've met

Derick several times at the diner when he comes to visit Tybalt. He was about 24 and an overall cool guy.

"What are all of you doing here?" I asked.

"I came here to say I'm sorry." Karena said looking at Georgie then at me. I had a feeling Karena or Bethany told George what had happened yesterday and George was making them apologize.