[Five]

"That was the most tiresome and difficult day that I've ever experienced." Amelia announced as she flopped onto her couch beside Laurel.

They had spent the day in court with Martin Somers. Amelia was more clued in on the case than Laurel was, but they made a good team. Martin tried everything that he could to shut them down, but Amelia kept persevering and kept pushing. She was sure that they had a pretty good shot at taking him down.

"Tell me about it." Laurel yawned. "Where's Felicity?"

"Working out of town. She's crashing with a friend. She gets home next week." Amelia replied. "You, need to go home before you fall asleep." She said, nudging Laurel.

"Can't I just sleep on your couch?" Laurel whined.

"And have your dad ringing me at all hours in the morning, demanding to know where you are? No thanks." Amelia laughed.

Laurel stood up and rubbed her eyes. "Fine. I'm going." She huffed.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning, bright and early. Where neither of us will be bright eyed or bushy tailed." Amelia said in a sing song voice.

"Yeah, yeah." Laurel muttered, walking out of her apartment.

Amelia laughed and flopped back down to the couch, closing her eyes. She lay like that for a few minutes before she heard a knock at the door. Sighing, Amelia hauled herself off the couch and walked towards the door.

"Laurel I told you to go home." She luaghed and opened the door.

Only it wasn't Laurel standing on the other side of the doorway.

It was Oliver.

Amelia's smile faded as she stared at Oliver, but she couldn't help but feel those butterflies in her stomach.

"Hi Mia." He smiled. "I know you're annoyed at me and I'm sorry. But there was one thing that I really missed on the island."

"More than me?" She joked.

"Meh, it was on a power." He joked, shrugging. "But I promised myself that if I ever did it again, it would be with you."

Amelia's eyebrows furrowed as she stepped back, letting Oliver into her apartment.

"Okay, do you realise how out of context that is?" She asked.

Amelia saw the faintest hint of a blush creep onto Oliver's cheeks as he cleared his throat. He showed her a bag, that she hadn't noticed.

"Im seriously worried at what's in that bag. Maybe you should keep it closed." Amelia laughed.

Oliver rolled his eyes playfully and opened the bag, taking out a large tub of ice cream.

"Ice Cream." He said with a childish smile. "Honeycomb still is your favourite, right?" He asked, worried that there was yet another thing that had changed.

Amelia broke out into a grin. "Yeah."

--

Oliver sat on the couch with Amelia's head in his lap. The two of them were eating the Ice Cream that Oliver had brought.

"I told you." Amelia said in between laughs. "There was no way that you would be able to eay that much Ice Cream at once."

Oliver had taken it upon himself to get the largest spoon in Amelia's apartment and use it to eat his Ice Cream. He was currently groaning because of his brain freeze while Amelia lay looking up at him in fits of laughter.

"It seemed like a good idea." Oliver whined.

Amelia once again burst out laughing, but stopped as soon as she heard a sound. She bolted upright, her bowl clattering to the ground. Oliver had heard it too and went to speak, but Amelia got there first.