[Seventeen]

Dear Ollie,
                    I'm tired, so very tired. I'm tired of the pain, I'm tired of the tears and most of all, I'm tired of missing you. My current position, is compromising, but maybe it's time I let you in on a little secret. Not like you're going to tell anyone anyway.

Lately, there has been a woman in disguise roaming our streets. She emerges from the shadows and melts into them just as quickly. She takes down the criminals and people that are rotting this city. She removes them from our city permanently. The call her the shadow.

I am this woman.

- Mia xx

--

Amelia lay on the couch with Tommy and Laurel watching a movie when the doorbell rang.

"Not getting it. Not my house." Amelia announced, her head lying on Tommy's shoulder.

Laurel rolled her eyes and stood up to answer the door. In entered Joanne, who sat on the coffee table. Amelia sat up and paused the movie, looking at Joanne.

"I don't think what happened to Danny was an accident." She said, her voice breaking.

Amelia looked at her, gesturing for her to continue. "I think he might have been murdered."

"Jo, do you remember when Sarah died?" Laurel spoke. "I did all this research to try and explain why the boat went down. I needed to know that it wasn't just and accident, we both did." She said and reached for Amelia's hand who nodded in agreement.

"That is not what I am doing." Joanne argued. "I once handled a cars for a Clark in the coroners office." She told them, pulling a file out of her bag. "He passed me a copy of the incident report."

Amelia picked up the pick and opened it as Laurel and Tommy gazed over her shoulder.

"It said that Danny's turnout coat was doused in turpentine, but I checked and the plan owner said that there wasn't any in the factory. A turnout is supposed to be able to handle temperatures over five hundred degrees, but the coroner said that the fire didn't exceed to over a hundred and fifty. How did my brother burn hotter than the fire that supposedly killed him?"

Joanne left soon after the conversation after Laurel and Amelia told her that they would look into it. Tommy left for a while, leaving on Laurel and Amelia to talk.

"I think she might be right. It doesn't add up, and there are too many differences for it to just be a coincidence." Amelia told Laurel.

"Agreed, so what can we do?"

"We can talk to your dad tomorrow. We need to find out the truth one way or another Laurel."

--

"A fireman died fighting a fire, I'm not sure that this is a crime." Quentin said, walking away from his desk.

Amelia and Laurel followed, determined to get their point across. "We did some digging. Last week another firefighter - Leo Barnes - was killed in action, same circumstances. You can't say that isn't suspicious Quentin."

"Traces of turpentine and ignition temperatures hotter than the actual fire. You think you could talk to the fire marshal? Persuade him to look into this further?" Laurel added.

"Well, the fire department has its own investigation unit. They don't answer to the police." Quentin shrugged.

A man in his forties, with thinning hair walked over to Quentin and handed him an old iPhone. "Sorry it took so long." He apologised. "With the detectives, it's been really backed up."